Chapter Twenty-Eight

Note: This chapter is exclusively written by Micarzam14 (I do not possess knowledge on astronomy). Thank you for your brilliant contributions to our group effort.

What if we rewrite the stars?

Say you were made to be mine

Nothing could keep us apart

You'd be the one I was meant to find

It's up to you, and it's up to me

No one can say what we get to be

So why don't we rewrite the stars?

Maybe the world could be ours

Tonight

--- Rewrite The Stars; 'The Greatest Showman Soundtrack'

Night under the Stars

It was the 22th day of April and the moon was on its first quarter.  After rechecking the weather forecast with his phone, they decided to have a night picnic the next day on the seashore where they could see the clear skies overhead. As Lyrid set up his multi-layer telescope, he gazed at the captivating Altria where she was helping to lay the picnic mat and start up a bonfire with firewood. His plan on arranging the complimentary vacation for Altria had been to surprise her with the vast sky and meteor shower as his gift to her.

She wondered how unreal it had been, for a person of such a social status to like her, a nobody in the world. Their difference had been like that of heaven and earth, and all the more she found it unbelievable that he had fallen for her. She finished placing all the firewood into the bonfire and sat on the picnic mat munching on the cut fruits she had prepared, awaiting him. As Lyrid was still occupied in setting up his telescope, he asked Altria to feed him some of the cut fruit, to which she complied. After a few minutes, he asked her to take a drink to him, and after three such times of sending her on such errands, she made a face at him, asserting that he had such thick skin and was treating her like a chambermaid. She even called on the fact that he had demanded so much from her as compensation when she had requested for his help in pretending to be her boyfriend the other day on the beach. Hearing her rant, he quickly finished what he was doing and hastily embraced her while assuring her that she is not his chambermaid, but his empress instead. 

Not fathoming what he meant by his empress, Altria naturally  had assumed that he was merely exaggerating or adopting a metaphor to suggest that she was as crucial to him as an empress in his interest for historical knowledge, since he dealt with artifacts a lot in his exhibitions at the gallery.

As a shooting star was headed their way all of a sudden, Altria bade Lyrid close his eyes and make a wish, while she did the same and clapped her hands gleefully in worship before making her wish in a clear and focused manner. Once she opened her eyes again, the inquisitive Lyrid inquired what she had wished for, and Altria bashfully informed him that she had wished for a good career and that she hoped for them to stay together in all their lifetimes. In return, she asked what Lyrid had wished for. Lyrid promptly answered that he had not made any wish yet, and abruptly grabs both her hands, before closing his eyes and reciting his wish out as loud as he could so that it was audible enough for her to hear his wish. He had prayed that they will be together as a couple in all lifetimes and all eternities, much to her absolute delight and joy.