Chapter Seven

Excerpt from the Pillow Book:

In ancient times, there was one particularly important subject at the Shuizhaoze Academy that was opened by the Father God for the various clans to study at, and that was to gain experience in the mortal realm. There are billions of worlds in the Trichiliocosm. Staying one year in each world would take at least one billion years. Fortunately, the Father God was kind enough to only randomly select 100,000 mortal worlds for his students to gain experience from.

As legend had it, the outstanding students who had the opportunity to experience the world included the future master of the universe, Donghua Dijun, the Heaven Clan's god of war, High Deity Moyuan, the Demon Clan's ancestor goddess, Queen Regnant Shaowan, the world's first phoenix, High Deity Zheyan, as well as Fengjiu's paternal grandparents.

It could be seen that all of these students who had gone to the mortal worlds to gain experience had become successful, and greatly successful at that.

..........................................................................

In a period of ten years, Fengjiu had travelled across three mortal worlds, running a restaurant in the first, becoming a landlady of a vast farming area in the second, and serving in a historical medium in the last

In a period of ten years, Fengjiu had travelled across three mortal worlds, running a restaurant in the first, becoming a landlady of a vast farming area in the second, and serving in a historical medium in the last. Following this, she would travel to a different mortal world every fifteen years, efficiently using makeup to conceal her phoenix birthmark and faking a wrinkled appearance to imitate the mortal process of aging. In this way, she was able to live in different worlds for fifteen years each without triggering any suspicion from the mortals. Immortal magic was prone to backfiring in the mortal realm and which had been seen with her experience in Donghua's mortal trial in the past, had adverse effects when used in the mortal realm. Thus, she restricted her usage of immortal magic in the mortal realm. Also, the mortal realm had some strange, anti-magic zones which magic spells wouldn't work in. Fortunately she was an excellent swordswoman and was also extremely skilled in archery, as her arrows had never missed a single target.

Fengjiu would disguise as a commoner to learn the ways of the mortals

Fengjiu would disguise as a commoner to learn the ways of the mortals. She noticed how mortals were susceptible to jealousy and evil thoughts, and many had been led astray by lust and greed. She had seen how mortals had been desirous to many things such as money, strength, power and lust for the opposite sex. Occasionally, she would also dress in man's clothing to protect herself from mortal men and observe how they reacted and acted in different scenarios. She learned about the four stages of sufferings, birth, aging, sickness and death, and how mortals suffered very differently from immortals. Immortals did not age, and would not die for a very long time. Some immortals like Zhe Yan and Mo Yuan, had existed since the creation of the world.