Chapter Ten

Part Two - ten thousand years later

Meanwhile, in Qingqiu, Fengjiu had been continuously looking at the scroll that Siming has given her, for ten thousand years since her meeting with Siming

Meanwhile, in Qingqiu, Fengjiu had been continuously looking at the scroll that Siming has given her, for ten thousand years since her meeting with Siming. The scroll had recorded all of his and Fengjiu's meetings, from the start till the end and the secret feelings he had harboured for her but had never told her. Donghua had wanted to keep every of his feelings for her, a secret from her, in order to protect her. Since writing his name off the Rock of Three Incarnations, he had never cared for a chance of love, until he met her. 

"She was the one I wanted to be all my life. I would die to protect her. But after three hundred years from not seeing her, I wish I could take everything back for a chance to see her again..."

"Yehua and Bai Qian will have their wedding in the Nine Heavens again...as the only granddaughter of Bai Zhi and the monarch of Qingqiu, she would have to come..."

"Will she remember me then, after three hundred years..."

These were the last words he had inscribed on the scroll, carefully inscribed with magical ink that would last for eternity.  Every time she read the clear handwriting on the scroll, Fengjiu's chest burned with pain, like her heart was being spliced open. "Why had fate allowed me to meet and fall in love with him, but played on a joke on us like this?" 

Her eyes stung with pain, but there were no more tears. After crying for ten thousand years, all that had that remained in her was her memories of him, and her strong will to live strongly for him, so that everything he had done for her was worth it. And perhaps one day, she would be reunited with him again. 

Looking at the table filled with documents before her, she realised that since she had waken up, she has not had a proper walk in the market in her position as the queen of Qingqiu, so called for Migu to accompany her to explore and take a look at how her civilians were doing. 

She dressed in the robes of a commoner to not instill any shock in her citizens, while her trusted housekeeper followed a few metres behind her. After walking for a few rounds and noting how the residents were spending their days happily, she felt satisfied. The two of them walked to the lake, where they spoke about the changes that Qingqiu had went through in her absence, and the possibilities of her making any developmental changes to the kingdom.

Migu thought for a few seconds, and suggested, "Gu-Gu (Bai Qian) went through a political marriage to build a bond between Qingqiu and the Sky Kingdom."

Fengjiu responded, "Are you thinking that I should have a marriage as well?" As she spoke, she was calm, unlike the stubborn, determined self of her that had fallen in love with Donghua a very long time ago, back when she was still a fox princess and accompanying him in the Sky Kingdom. But she had to agree that he had a point. Since she had fallen into a deep sleep and Donghua had passed, Qingqiu's ties with the Sky Kingdom had deteriorated. His point of view that a political marriage would strengthen the ties between Qingqiu and the Sky Kingdom actually made sense.