Chapter Fifteen

Note: It is noted that there's a slight similarity between Wenchang and Donghua, but I could not find a suitable photo of a younger, white-haired actor to portray this. Hence, the issue of the pictures earlier.

......................................................................

As they were strolling past the swamp, Fengjiu decided to seize the opportunity to insist that Wenchang again help her to do her homework. Wenchang sighed. This was the umpteenth time that he had taught her how to do the mathematical questions, but again, she either forgot the formulae he had given her, or simply couldn't be bothered to do the work. Like Bai Qian, she was a very lazy person, and furthermore, she was forgetful as well.
.

Even after Wenchang had rejected her and insisted she do the work herself since practice made perfect

Even after Wenchang had rejected her and insisted she do the work herself since practice made perfect. Fengjiu still continued to approach him, this time offering him one of her Sorrowless Cakes in return for his help. Wenchang ignored her and strode away faster, only to hear a loud sound from her as she tripped and fell, lying on the ground groaning in pain. She insisted that she had sprained her right ankle and couldn't walk, and so Wenchang tried to help her up, but she was still mad over the fact that Wenchang had refused to do her homework. According to her, it was his fault for not helping her that had caused her to sustain an injury to her ankle.

"If that's what you insist, I'll help you, but only this one time," he said grudgingly. This woman was hopeless, even after continuously teaching her on so many occasions, she wasn't getting it. Fengjiu grimaced, probably from the pain, and effortlessly, Wenchang lifted up her up and carried her on his back, piggyback style. Fengjiu was stunned when Wenchang carried her on his back, and for a few seconds she recalled how the mortal emperor Song had carried her while she was in Consort Chen's body the same way, during Donghua's mortal trial. A familiar feeling lingered in the air around him, and she asked herself if there could be a possibility that he could be Donghua. While both of them had a slight similarity and owned silvery-white hair, she could sense some familiarity in his energy. She quickly snapped out of her trance, as she reminded herself that he was Wenchang, not Donghua.

While she pondered on the similarities between the two of them, she felt sympathetic towards the young immortal that she would not be able to reciprocate his love and admiration for her, as she only loved Donghua all her life, and their union had been but an act and a marriage of paper. She would just be his wife in name, and she was unwilling to be romantically involved or have sexual relations with him at all. Her mind, body and soul belonged to Donghua, and Donghua alone. Like Donghua, Wenchang also possessed a strong sandalwood fragrance on his body, which would constantly remind her of Donghua. As Wenchang carried Fengjiu, they happened to pass Bai Zhen, who was accompanied by a visiting Zhe Yan. As usual, the duo tried to tease them. Zhe Yan observed how Wenchang was developing similarities to Donghua as he was growing older, recalling slightly how Donghua looked when he was around Wenchang's immortal age.