Chapter One

Three hundred years had seemed such a long time.

Fengjiu still remembered everything about him, his fair complexion, his cold and emotionless stare, the gentleness of his touch, and the ethereal glow about him that captivated her every time she saw him.

It had hurt her so much to have to bid him goodbye. But she had firmly reminded herself that she was the queen now, and that her subjects needed her. She was not the playful, willful princess of the past anymore. Nevertheless, the love for him in her heart had been so strong that she had been willing to live and die for him.

When she received the news of Bai Qian and Yehua's wedding, all she could think of was how she would finally see him

When she received the news of Bai Qian and Yehua's wedding, all she could think of was how she would finally see him. As she walked through the celestial grounds, images of him clouded her mind. How had he been for the last three hundred years? Had he been thinking of her just as she did of him?

 How had he been for the last three hundred years? Had he been thinking of her just as she did of him?

............................................................................

Donghua had lived a life without love.

Such a life had been nothing to the mighty emperor Donghua, as he had lived for eons in the Ninth Heavens without the need for a companion.

But all had changed when he had met the playful and innocent fox princess Bai Fengjiu. He had long known that he would have no destiny with her. To grant her a chance at love with him, he had chosen to undergo a love trial in the mortal realm. As Si Ming had said clearly, that would be the only chance they would be able to live together as a couple. They had their one chance at fate, in the mortal realm. He would have given anything to be with her, had he not made his decision to erase his name from the Rock of Three Incarnations.

The last three hundred years had been torture. However, he hadn't expected that he would be finally seeing her again. She looked even more beautiful compared to the last time he had seen her.

The pale green dress on her was a nice touch. The simplicity of her dress had indeed brought out the beauty in her. Compared to the outfits she had been wearing in the Ninth Heavens during the first few times he had met her, her dress now made her look different. She looked a lot more mature now, Donghua observed. He wished he knew who she had in her heart.