Chapter Thirty (Part 2) FINALE

Even if it's like a moth drawn to flame

I'll bravely endure the pain, deeply loving you

Even if there's no possibility

And hearts are unable to relate

Then longing will stitch together the moon's light with tears

Falling in love with you in that moment

Maybe nothing will happen

I'm still dedicated to you with no regrets

----- EVEN IF THERE'S NO POSSIBILITY - 香香 XIANG XIANG: ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Drama: Ten Miles of Peach Blossom / Three Lives Three Worlds / Eternal Love Ost: 05. DongFeng OST

PART TWO

Everything had been so mystical, like a dream. Apart from the pain, it had been a happy and sweet dream.

She was happy to be loved and to have loved. The last of her tears rolled down from her closed eyes as she felt her consciousness drifting away.. and she breathed the last of her mortal breath. Her mortal life had finally ended due to suffocation (Asphyxia), due to an inadequate supply of oxygen.

The last image that appeared in her mind before she blacked out had been that of Lyrid, gradually changing to that of the purple-robed god, picking her up and carrying her in his embrace.

And with that, her mortal trial had ended.

Dijun gently caressed her face, moving his nimble fingers across her dainty cheeks and planting a kiss on her forehead. All of a sudden, her birthmark glowed and she began to breathe once more. He observed how her aura was changing steadily, and right now, she was a High Goddess.

She had ascended.

Taichen Palace, Sky Kingdom

When Fengjiu opened her eyes, the first she saw was Wenchang's face as he lay beside her in deep slumber. She was lying on his right arm and his other arm was wound around her waist, in such a close proximity that their bodies were almost pasted to each other. Where could she be? She thought while puzzled, but then she recognised the walls of the room to be that of her guest room back in Taichen Palace where Lord Wenchang had assigned to her. Apparently, she was back in the Sky Kingdom.

He was Wenchang, despite how he resembled Donghua's face in every angle and aspect, she reminded herself. As he slept soundlessly, she was tempted to lightly touch his nose, and then play with his soft and silky locks. She thought to herself, had she not fallen for Donghua first, she would probably develop feelings for Wenchang given his kindness and immeasurable love for her, even if he didn't resemble Donghua. Maybe she was just too selfish, but in her heart, she only had ample space to allow herself to love Donghua, albeit what Wenchang had done for her all those years.

She remembered. Just before her fall down the Immortal Punishment Platform, she survived due to Wenchang's embrace, and he was the one who had taken the blow for her while dressed in a red ceremonial marriage robe, and now, she retained her memories of how Wenchang had, as Lyrid, accompanied her in the mortal world to ensure that she would return safely. She could, only, offer him her companionship but sadly, not her heart or her feelings.

He was just too close to her right now. She didn't feel comfortable about it, and so she tried to remove her arm from around her waist so that she may get up from bed. Unknown to her, the god was merely pretending to be asleep, and instead pulled her closer in his embrace. This continued for a few more moments, and the more she attempted to push his body from hers, the more he would embrace her tightly. He popped one eye open and smiled coldly to gloat on her reaction as she struggled to free herself.