Chapter Twenty-Two

The mansion was extremely majestic, reminding him of his Taichen Palace, but had been cold and silent, in the absence of its master. Dijun walked about the mansion, finally stopping at a secret room. 

In this room, laid the preserved, lifeless body of the actual Lyrid, Dijun faced Lyrid's body and recited an incantation, before blowing his magic on it. It was a protection and invisibility spell merged as one.

"You need to wait a little longer." 

He then moved to another secret room, where the soulless, resting body of Fengjiu lay on a bed. He had magically transformed this body into an exact resemblance of the room that she had previously resided in Taichen Palace. 

He looked down at his palm, where little flames subsided after a few minutes. It had been just as Siming said. Every time he cast a spell in the mortal world, it had a chance of 80% success. Due to the amount of power he had, the resulting pain from the spell backfiring on him had been minimal and close to none. Furthermore, the cost of using the spells he had used, were but an insignificant amount of his power as they were but minor spells that did not alter any form of reality or interfered with the forces of balance of the mortal world. On the other hand, the amount of power he used would have been 70% of the power of a normal immortal or deity, and the effects of backfiring on the immortal would have been close to fatal.

............................................................................

In the comfort of his office, Lyrid browsed the photographs of Altria that he had taken during the Sagada-da volunteering event, which he had transferred to his laptop. Apart from the group photographs they had taken together, a number of these photographs had been secretly taken of the girl.  As he was engrossed in scrolling through the photographs, the Star Lord of Destiny, dressed in corporate attire, suddenly materialised inside the room.

  As he was engrossed in scrolling through the photographs, the Star Lord of Destiny, dressed in corporate attire, suddenly materialised inside the room

"Greetings to Your Highness Dijun."

The Dijun looked up from the laptop and received a fate book from Siming. It was the fate book of Altria. Apart from some notes containing her personal details and life, most of the pages of the book still remained blank.

"Altria Xi Ziyu aka Al 

-24 years old, an archivist in Archives of Samsara with 2 years career experience

-from a middle class family

-her aunt and uncle live in the province, while she and her cousin Astrid Yang Zihua

 live in the metro

-mother died after she graduated from college

-loves to travel and performing volunteering works 

-multilingual, can speak English, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic and many other languages"

Siming returned the fate book of Altria into his sleeve and produced another book, this time of Dong Yun's fate. Siming had made the necessary additions to ensure that following the Dijun's return of Lyrid's corpse, Dong Yun would success in his future endeavours and bring prosperity to Dong Group of Companies, eventually taking Lyrid's grandfather's place as the sole heir of the group. The Dijun nodded to indicate his consent, and Siming replaced the letter inside his sleeve.