Chapter 2

Meeting

Maaga akong gumigising dahil kelangan kong maabutan yung company shuttle.

"Good morning Ate Stella." I greeted our house helper that prepares our food and takes care of us and our condo.

"Good morning. Halika kumain kana ng almusal dito." Sabi niya.

Mabilis akong kumain at pumasok na.

Pagkadating ko sa department namin  nandoon na sina Ellie at John.

"Morning guys!" I greeted them.

"Morning! Come here! May chismis ako!" Hinila ako ni Ellie upang makalapit sa kanya. "We heard yung isa daw sa magiging kateam natin sa new project, anak daw ng kaibigan ng president."

"Kaibiganin natin, para ilibre tayo palagi." Sabi ni John na nasa cellphone ang mga mata. Ellie glared at him kaya sinabi niyang joke lang at tumawa kami.

Nagprepare at nagkape lang kami saglit at tumungo na sa conference room.

We were the first ones to arrive at the conference room. Inayos namin ang laptop, projector at mga kakailanganin para sa presentation.

Ilang sandali lang nagsimula nang dumating ang mga tao para sa meeting.

Our supervisors came, and then the people from IT department came, then the people from marketing department came and lastly, madam president with her secretary and a new guy.

Yung guy na tumabi sakin sa shuttle, yung kasabay ko sa elevator, yung nagtanong sakin, yung gwapo.

Nagkatinginan kami ng mga kaibigan ko and they also have that look na parang nagtatanong kung siya ba yung bagong intern na anak ng kaibigan ng president.

Probably. I just shrugged at them. Everyone settled and the president started the meeting.

"Good morning everyone. Before we start the briefing of this project, let's all introduce ourselves first."

Naunang magpakilala yung mga taga IT department. Mr. Kim, the supervisor, Mike, David and Patrick, the programmers.

Sumunod ang marketing department, Mr. Arellano, the supervisor, Jenny, Scarlet and Tammy, the members.

Next is our supervisor, Ms. Zonia.

"...And these are the interns of our department." She looked at me, a cue that I'm next to introduce.

"Hi everyone, I'm Mischa Sabrina Lee from the strategic department. You can call me Mish for short." I ended it with a smile and took a quick glance at everyone.

"Hello, I'm Janella Torres, Ellie for short. Also from the strategic department and I study at University of National Alvyno."

"Hi, I'm John Castor. Also from strat dept. and U-N-A. Looking forward to working with you all."

"Alright, and now the newest addition to our company. Please introduce yourself." The president said.

He stood up from his seat, took a deep breath "Hello everyone, my name's Flint Hernandez. I study in Alvyno Central University and I'm currently rendering my OJT here as an intern in the executive department. Nice meeting you all."

All the young employees looked shocked. Including me! Intern sa executive department? May ganun pala... does it only apply kapag close mo yung president ng company? He sure is a big time person.

The president started discussing the project. This is a big project that's why we have teams from different departments. This will also be our last task as interns of the strategic department for our remaining days here, yun lang ang focus namin.

"To sum it up, this project needs fresh ideas from the younger generation that's why our interns and fresh graduates here will work closely together. Your supervisors will guide you and supervise the project, feel free to ask them if you have any questions. Weekly meetings will be held every Friday of the month so that I can see the progress of the project as well. Is everything clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Halos sabay na sagot ng lahat.

"The conference room is reserved the whole day tomorrow for the team so use it to get to know each other and to jump start the project. Alright? Are there any more questions?"

"None ma'am."

"Alright, tomorrow will be the first day of the project. I wish everyone good luck and I'm hoping for a great progress and result. Meeting adjourned."