Chapter 34

Letter

[Flint]

"Don't forget to open your care package." Paalala ni Mischa ulit.

Nasa kotse na ako ngayon, nasa lap ang pouch na binigay niya. Gusto ko na sanang buksan pero naalala ko ang sinabi niya na sa plane ko na buksan.

Alam kong hindi naman niya malalaman kapag binuksan ko to ngayon pero I just want to be true to her. If I promised her, I'll do my best to achieve it. Earning her trust is this important for me.

I remember the first time I saw her. Akala niya sa shuttle ang first meeting namin but no. Well, yes, for her pero ako, una ko siyang nakita sa cafeteria ng company.

It was days before we met on the shuttle, pumunta ako doon para makausap ang president. After our meeting, I went to the cafeteria for some food and there I saw her.

Hindi ko sinasadya na mapatingin sa banda niya noon. I didn't even know why I looked that way that time. On a table not far from mine, I saw her scrolling through her phone na nakasmile. Her smile was so genuine, her eyes got smaller and lips stretched widely.

I wondered what made her smiled that way. Boyfriend?

After that there was an employee na nalaglag ang mga folders na dala. Walang pagaalangan siyang tumayo at tumulong sa pagpulot.

Pagbalik niya sa table niya ay biglang may ibang nakaupo na. She stood there a bit, napakamot sa ulo bago naghanap nalang ng ibang bakanteng table.

She looked so cute.

I knew I would see her again in the company pero hindi ko inaasahan na we will work together.

Kaya nung napakilala na ang buong team, I started to hit on her.

She seemed pissed and distant whenever I'm around, but I like her. There's no point in hiding that so I showed my feelings toward her publicly in an attempt to make her like me back. To see her giving her attention to me just makes me want to bother her more.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Tanong ko. Pero unti-unti siyang umatras sakin.

I thought she will like me back in an instant then we could be together. Just like my previous relationships but all I saw was scared written all over her face.

I got shocked, hindi ko naintindihan yun, my exes and even Cheska has always been vocal about wanting public proposals, flash mobs and such.

Akala ko siya din, magugustuhan iyon. Isa pa I thought that was the perfect time because both of us were feeling special that night.

I was wrong.

My heart hurt so much more when I saw her crying non-stop. Why is she breaking down when she is the one who rejected me? Ganun ba siya kabait na nasasaktan pa siya kapag may tinatangihan siyang manliligaw?

I was so devastated that time sinamahan pa na napagalitan ako dahil nagalit ang board. They got mad because there was media in the venue and that means, madaming makakaalam tungkol sa nangyari and it could affect our stocks in the Hernandez Group.

Her soft and pure heart is what got me the most. She's thoughtful with her friends, she always helps people when she can. Kahit na naiinis na siya sakin, at the end of the day ay tutulungan parin ako kapag kailangan ko ng tulong, or... kapag napilitan siyang tulungan ako.

When she confessed her feelings to me, I felt like the happiest man on Earth. Though, we weren't official yet, ayos lang sakin. Ayos lang sakin na maayos muna ang mga problema namin in our individual lives, ayos lang sakn na hintayin siya, hinid naman ako nagmamadali. Ang importante sakin ngayon, both of us are serious and both of us want this relationship to work.