18: His Unexpected Warmth

[A/N: Listening to a song called "Everyday" is perfect for this chapter. It is basically an OST of the Korean mini drama "Jugglers" starring Choi Daniel, Baek Jinhee and Lee Wonkeun. This drama will play a major role in depicting some major scenes and thoughts of Taerim in the further coming chapters. And the song will also be needed in the further chapters. Enjoy😀]

Because it may be the last time that I will ever see him here. In this place, in this moment and this close.

But I was wrong. Because I didn't know what I had in my future.

..........

As I kept staring at Seokjin's eyes and the sun kept setting behind us, I suddenly recalled that I, again forgot about the café.

I knew that I can't be this vulnerable around him. Because if I do, he'll think otherwise. As I was noticed that I was still staring at his eyes, I turned away from his face and pushed his hands away from my shoulders, which were giving me support to stay upright. I somehow held my balance and stood up as I mentally slapped myself a thousand times. My subconscious mind went,

Way to go, Jang Taerim! Now he may think you like him and won't help you out. He'll be rude to you.

It is true. But I think he will remember the casualty he had just faced in his groin before hurting me again. I then spoke to break the awkward silence amongst us and said,

"I don't know what you'll do, but please get me out of this wedding before my dad starts to make a humongous issue out of it. I really want to go back to my simple life, where I can decide on who I want and don't want to be with in my life freely without having to worry about what others think."

Then I started to walk away from him and onto the street, while pulling out my phone to call myself an Uber as I reached downhill. But then I felt a hand's firm grip on my left hand. I felt shivers go through my spine as I turned around to see that it was Seokjin's hand. He then said,

"First of all, you don't know where you are now. And second of all, you may not be able to find a decent Uber here at this point of time. Instead, you can just let me drive you home."

I didn't want to go with him. After what happened between us a while ago, it's almost impossible for me to stay in the same car with him. That will be awkward.

But then again, he's also right. I didn't know where I was and calling an Uber now is not safe at all for myself. So, I just shrugged and walked past him and got into the shotgun seat of the car. Before he got into the car, I typed in the café location in the car's GPS.

After he got inside the car, I just looked at my phone as I tried to turn it on,

"Follow the GPS navigations."

He then asked,

"Is that your home?"

I didn't respond to him as I mentally whined to see my phone had run out of battery. So, I just kept looking outside the window beside me. As I kept staring at the tree's we were speedily passing by, I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

(Time Skip)

I opened my eyes and looked outside the window beside me to see a familiar place.

A two-story building with a glass wall and a side sign which said "Café Twilight".

I've reached the café.

I turn around to see that Seokjin was staring at me from his seat.

As soon as he saw my eyes open, he turned away. Was he staring at me the whole time? The thought of it was giving me chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach.

I wanted to get out of here.

As I was about to touch the buckle of the seatbelt on me, a hand flew out on the door  beside me and stopped me.

I turn to the source of the hand to see that he came too close to me as his face was literally just 6 centimeters away from me. Then I heard the lock of the car's go off. He then said,

"Don't tell anyone about this meeting with me. You know my identity and reputation. So..."

As he trailed off from his sentence, I could see a mischievous sparkle go off in his eyes. But I knew just what to dim that sparkle. So, I said,

"And you should stay away from me. Or else the next thing that's going to be in anguish won't just be your gentinals."

As I said the final sentence, I gave a noticeable fast glare at his groin. Which luckily, got him and his hand to move away from me. Then he said while moving towards his seat,

"Oh! And another thing. I charged your phone and there are some foods in this bag. You look like you've been starving for 3 days."

As he said that, he pulled out a brown paper bag and placed it in my hand. I peeled in to see some Kit Kats, a microwave Tteokbeokki pack and a bottle of banana milk and my phone inside.

I looked at him in awe. Because I just assumed this thoughtful guy as a spoilt rich brat for no reason. He then said with a caring smile,

"Now go. I had an in-car charger. You'll be late."

Then I got out of the car with the paper bag. As I walked away from the car, I could not help but blush in shame for I felt my ears and cheeks heat up.

But before I could even react, I was suddenly held in a tight embrace by someone out of nowhere.

[A/N: Tight embrace by someone out of nowhere??!!!!! I myself am shocked of the outcome!!!!

But then again, I am the writer. So why am I so shocked?? 

I do know who that hugger is. But can you tell??!!!!

I know, I literally disappeared into thin air for around a month. That happened cuz my online classes for high school began, mom got 2 tutors at home, who give me too much homework to cope with and my sis won't let me touch my phone. Trust me when I say that I literally was able to come here by luck to publish this.

I am going publish some more chapters in a row, so please keep your eyes open.

I really wanna thank each and every reader who are reading this weird (and a tad bit cringy) story of mine.

Please sanitize your hands as much as you can and keep following social distancing whenever you are outside.

S]