Chapter 2

2 hours later, that same night. Shadow was running at super speed to his best friend's club, she had asked him to find her urgently. The trails of fire left by his shoes illuminated the silent night. Upon arriving at the club, it was empty, except for the bat. He saw her sitting on the bar counter chair, glass in hand. While on the counter there was a bottle and a glass. She motioned with her hand for the hedgehog to join him.
Shadow approached her, but he didn't sit down. "Rouge. Don't tell me you called me for that."

"Not. This is just to help me think better."

Shadow noticed that Rouge didn't look well. "What happened?"

"What happened? An irrefutable business opportunity."

"What are you talking about?"

"But I need you to come with me."

"Where are you going with you? Be clear."

When Rouge went to take another sip of his drink. Shadow put his hand on the glass, preventing it from drinking. Rouge looked at the hedgehog, got up and left the glass on the counter.

"Come with me." The bat went up the stairs and Shadow followed. The two went to the club's terrace.

"Then you will explain to me..."

Rouge interrupted the hedgehog by kissing him on the mouth.

The breath of alcohol did not please Shadow, who immediately pushed her away. "What happened to you?"

The bat started to cry.

Shadow was angry, but confused. "Rouge. You drank, I didn't argue with you."

"I need you to help me, Shadow."

The black hedgehog was concerned. "Then tell me what happened."

"... Scourge."

"Scourge? What did he do to you?"

"Anything. He just wants our help. Yours actually."

"Help him?"

"Please Shadow, come with me."

"Go with you? I mean have you decided to follow him? Are you crazy?"

"I can explain everything, Shadow. But you..."

The black hedgehog just turned his back on the bat.

"Won't you come with me?"

For a moment Shadow hesitated to answer. "Instead of betraying what I believe is right... I prefer to be against you. I cannot betray my heart."

"So ... the next time we meet ... will we be enemies?"

"Unfortunately." Shadow replied. Once again there was a silence between two, until Shadow spoke. "Go. I will not disturb you. " With that, the black hedgehog ran at super speed, disappearing in a black blur.

Rouge held out his hand in the direction the hedgehog ran, as if asking him to return. The bat sobbed and more tears fell from her eyes.

"Well ... you didn't get to do your part." The green hedgehog was behind a large water tank on the terrace. He was, all the time, waiting with Rouge for Shadow to come and overhear their conversation.

"Wait."

"What?"

"I will work for you."

"I already told. I want strong allies. Although... having a company like yours..."

"I will be useful. I worked as a spy for G.U.N."

"Indeed" Scourge put his hand on his chin in thought. "I will give you a chance to convince me. Then I will do my part."