Chapter 4

"So this Scourge, is the green hedgehog that appeared in the filming in front of the headquarters gate. And you don't want Rouge's reputation to be tarnished, because she chose to ally herself with a criminal."

"That."

"I still don't understand why you're like this."

"It's complicated, but ... I feel guilty."

"But you did it right."

"I was selfish, if I had stopped to listen to her side, maybe she..."

"You flesh beings are really complicated to understand. But feel lucky, if you had chosen to go with her, you would have problems with me. Eggman created me to control you, I have a guideline that forces me to keep you in line."

Shadow smiled slightly.

"How do we go to another dimension?"

"We?"

"Yes. I know you want to go after her."

Shadow was quiet, thinking to himself. "You're right."

"I know."

"I don't know what methods he and Rouge are using to jump from one universe to another. But I have my way."

"Chaos Control?"

"Yes."

"You don't need to know the location, where do you want to go?"

"I've already been there ... in a flash. I got stuck once, jumping between universes, trying to get home."

"And in one of those, that's where Rouge is now."

"Yes."

Omega stood in a fully upright posture, looking at the horizon. "Starting to scan operating systems. Command priority changed. New mission: Rescue Rouge. Confirmed."

"Thank you."

Omega rested his big hand on one of Shadow's spines. The black hedgehog then raises its green Chaos Emerald to the top.

"One last thing." Shadow spoke. "When we get there, I don't know where we are going to come from. So be prepared."

"Understood."

"Chaos Control."