Chapter 7

A few days ago, when Rouge and Scourge arrived in Moebius. Scourge's teleportation had left them both in a forest, and now they were both on their way to the green hedgehog's allies' hideout. And you could already see the sun rising over the horizon.

When the sun lit up Rouge's face, Scourge saw that the bat's eyes and muzzle were dirty from its smudged makeup. She came crying on the way.

"Clean that face. You look awful."

"It's all right." Rouge's voice was sad. She walked with her head down. The bat began to rub its gloved hands around its eyes.

When she finally stopped, Scourge smirked "I like having a beautiful face beside me."
Rouge ignored that comment.

"When we get there, I don't want you to say anything about multiverse. And behave as if you've never seen their faces. "

"It's all right." The bat then remembered the device that the green hedgehog had on his wrist. "And where did you get this from?"

"I got it from one of those damn Zone Cops."

"Can't they track this thing?"

"This one was going to be sent back for repair, due to a factory defect. He did not send his coordinates."

"But isn't running away to your world the most obvious place?"

"Yes. They already sent one. But he is no longer an issue now."

Rouge lowered his ears. That last comment really worried her.

"This world belongs to me. I will not leave you. " When the green hedgehog finally saw what appeared to be a small village, he smiled. "We arrived."

It was a quiet village. Very isolated from the rest of Moebius. Surrounded by mountains and forest. The huts were made of wood, probably built by the residents themselves. There were children running. An elderly couple sitting in rocking chairs, talking. A girl carrying what appeared to be her son in her arms. Rouge was confused. She didn't expect bandits like Scourge to live in a place like this. And she could see it in the green hedgehog's features. He had changed his expression since they entered the village. He seemed unhappy to be there. But people seemed not to be afraid of his presence.

"Don't these people know you?"

"Not. I didn't even know it existed."

"That's why they are so calm with you passing by."

"It's that house over there." Scourge pointed. "Let's go."

The two stopped in front of the door. Scourge knocked. They waited until the door opened. Rouge ran into another bat. A white bat. He was his counterpart to this world, and Rouge realized this soon.

The only visible differences between them were her clothes and hair, plus the fact that, in front of her, she had no makeup at all. She wore a gray button-down shirt with sleeves to the wrist, simple white gloves and a long purple dress, which only made it possible to see her brown shoes. Her long hair was tied in a ponytail.

"... Hello." Rouge spoke, almost stuttering, and waving his hand.

"Hello Miss?" The bat's voice was low. She appeared to be shy. "And hello to you too, Mr. Scourge."

"Hello Rubies. Where's Umbra?"

"In the kitchen. Please enter."

Scourge soon entered. Rouge stood looking at his other version. Finally, she held her hand out. "Rouge. Nice to meet you." With a smile on your face.

The other bat then took his hand. "Rubies. And the pleasure is all mine." She smiled too.
When Rouge entered, he immediately started looking inside the cabin. It was quite modest. What caught his attention the most was a coffee table. In it was a small wooden sculpture, which seemed to be unfinished, but it was possible to see that it was a giraffe.

"The kitchen is this way. Follow me."

When they arrived at the kitchen, which was right in the other room. Rouge was startled. There was a black hedgehog with red stripes. He wore a pink apron, dirty from what looked like pasta, and a wooden spoon in his hand. Simple white gloves. Gray sneakers, and unlike Shadow, these were normal sneakers. However, one detail caught his attention more. The left ear was half open, as if it had been torn. And the right had a hole.

"Good morning, Mr. Scourge. I didn't expect you to arrive today." The black hedgehog looked ashamed in Scourge's presence.

"Aren't you happy to see Umbra?"

"No sir. I mean. Yes sir. I mean."

"Calm down, soldier." Scourge laughed. "I told you that I was just going to leave, to recruit new warriors for our cause and that later I would be back." Scourge took Rouge's hand. "Meet our new companion. Rouge." And then he kissed her hand.

Rouge became more uncomfortable. "Hello." He spoke with a weak smile on his face.
"Make yourself at home. I'm making chocolate cake, it's going to be dessert today. If you want, you can have lunch with us. You are invited."

Rouge broke free from Scourge's hand. She was quiet for a moment. "Oh no. Sorry, I don't think I can." Rouge turned and started to leave, but stopped when he met Rubis. "Sorry. Nice to meet you." And then he left the house.

"She's a little shy." Scourge spoke.

"I think I understand her." Rubis gave a light laugh.

"I will talk to her. Then I go back." The green hedgehog withdrew. As he left the cabin, he saw Rouge sitting on the cabin's porch. "We will talk outside the village."

Soon they were both at the border between the forest and the village, again.

"What was that?" Scourge asked.

"You said you gave up on him."

"Your Shadow didn't want to come with us, so I have to settle for this one ... at least for now."

"So ... what's his problem?"

"It is a weakling. I have been training him for a while, but we have had no results. That's why I went to your world. I hope that, in the time I was away, he made progress."

"I understand."

"Now that everything has been cleared up. Go back there. I'll come later. Tell them that I went to find Tynna."

"Another ally?"

"Yes." In this the hedgehog ran at super speed.

The bat hesitated at first, but soon headed back to the cabin.