Chapter 5

After the strong green glow ceased, the two remnants of Team Dark realized that they were, in what seemed, before, to be a small village. Now it was destroyed and completely empty. There were ashes and pieces of burnt wood and bricks. A few houses still resisted.

"Rouge and her new partner did that?" Omega spoke.

"I don't think Rouge would participate in that." The hedgehog closes his eyes. "I wait." And whisper to yourself.

"Stopped." An unknown voice spoke.

The two companions turned in the direction in which the voice came. It was a robot identical to Omega, but blue, where it should have been red, and the symbol on its shoulder was one that neither recognized.

"You again here! And with a copy of the old doctor's Omega Unit? How did you get that?" The robot spoke.

"Copy?" Omega started walking towards his fellow man. "I'm Omega, the ultimate robot. There is nothing like me but me."

"I think I'm having a flashback." Shadow thought to himself. "Wait, Omega! We need..."
Omega started the thrusters at his back and quickly advanced on his rival, with his big hands positioned, to land a strong punch. But the blue Omega, with a simple jump back, managed to escape without difficulty.

"What's it? It seems kind of slow."

Omega then exchanges the same hand for the machine gun, points at the rival and shoots. But your opponent's bodywork is tough. The most that happens is to leave a little dent and remove the paint.

The robot raises its big hand. He's using it as a shield. "Fire power?! Damn it. I'm jealous of you now." The other hand is then exchanged, for what appeared to be some kind of weapon. He points at Omega and fires a single shot. A substance hit Omega's hand / machine gun. The shots cease.

Omega then analyzes the substance. "What pathetic weapons are these? And you dare to consider me your copy?" He then reveals his great arsenal.

"... I think now I know how Sonic felt." Shadow spoke to himself.

"Understand. You have all these weapons, but you didn't consider the extra weight and that's why you got so slow."

Suddenly the foam, which had dried quickly, breaks. Omega just had to come back with his big hand and spin it quickly, like a drill. "I don't need speed to escape, when I have real power." That said, Omega fired all his weapons simultaneously at his rival.

When all the smoke and dust formed has passed. The two companions could see that the blue Omega was badly damaged.

"Damn it. Damn piece of junk." The robot seemed to have a different voice now.

"A mere copy of mine would never beat me, they are all inferior to me."

"Shut up. Damn it. I told the old man that we would need to install real weapons on this thing."

"Wait, Omega." The hedgehog addressed the fallen robot. "You ... aren't you a robot?"

"Of course not. I'm just in it here."

Shadow and Omega looked at each other. "Well ... that was unexpected for us. This friend of mine here is 100% robot."

"Where did that green worm find this?"

"She appears to be the enemy of our target." Omega spoke.

"It's what it looks like."

"Target? Are you his enemy now? Did you join that Alicia and the rest of that squad trash?"

"Negative. Our goal is to rescue our teammate. And capture the green hedgehog, Scourge. Omega spoke.

"And... this is going to be hard to believe. We came from another universe."

"Another universe?... I would never believe this story, but a while ago, another hedgehog appeared here saying that, and it was true." The top of the robot then rose, like a lid, revealing a rabbit girl inside, Buns Rabbot. "So, I must assume that this big guy was created by the old doctor of your universe?"

"Yes." Shadow replied.

"I must admit. Your old man has good taste."

Shadow and Omega looked at each other again. "I would love to kill an Eggman. Even if it was from another universe."

"Eggman?"

"Omega. I think your level of sense of humor is out of order again."

"It wasn't sarcasm."

Shadow was embarrassed by the comment made by the teammate. "I'm going to keep an eye on him. And ... sorry for the damage done."

"I'm sorry. I would attack you. I mistook you for another hedgehog."

"It's all right. Listen, could you take us to your doctor? I believe he can help us."

"Of course. The doctor really helps everyone, anyway."