Chapter 12

It was late afternoon. Rouge, Umbra and Rubis were back in the village. Umbra and Rubis were sitting on the verandah of the cabin, side by side, talking, while crocheting together. Rouge flew towards the two. "Hi." She landed in front of them. "This is crochet, right?"

"Yes. Excuse me." Umbra dropped the wool and needles in her hands. "Do you want me to go back to the training ground?"

"Not. Is not it. It's just ... it reminded me of my childhood. My father did crochet."

"So you know how to do it too? Did he teach you? "Rubis asked.

"Yes, but it's been a long time."

"Then let me help you." Rubis spoke.

"I don't know if..."

"Umbra! Again wasting time on this? "It was Scourge screaming.
"Sorry sir."

"If you have time to lose with this thing for women. So I should be training. "

"Excuse me. I'm on my way."

"Umbra. Do you have any questions about the battle you are fighting?"
"Not."

"And does that confidence come from?"

"... of my desire to protect this world and ... of my pride as a Freedom Fighter."

"Just prove it to me. Your actions do not corroborate your words."

Umbra looked away, lowered her head and then ran, disappearing in a dark blur.

Scourge looked at the bat with the crochet in his hands. "Rubies. I already told you about it. Don't hinder Umbra's training."

"She has trained a lot today, Scourge. He needs to rest too. And there is nothing wrong with a man doing crochet." Rouge answered for the other bat.

"Crochet. So that's the name. Well, it's still a queer thing for me." Scourge then runs away, at super speed.
Rouge turned to Rubis. "Was he always like this?"

"He is very strict about training Umbra. I understand, but ... "Rubis started to crochet again. "The truth is, I never liked him."

Rouge sat next to Rubis. "Me neither."

"So why are you with him?"

"I owe him in favor. I'm helping you. Rouge watched the sun finally set. "But what about you and Umbra?"

"What have?"

"You." Rouge looked at the other bat. "Are you two together?"

Rubis stopped his crochet and looked at Rouge. She was flushed. He looked to the side and finally answered. "Yes."

"Doesn't it bother you that one day you'll be old and he'll still be young?"

"Well ... actually, we already talked about it. I convinced him."

Rouge laughed. "So it was you who took the initiative?"
Blushed rubies.

"Don't be like that, baby, go on."

The bat cleared her throat. "Before, he was afraid to report, precisely because of that thought. And eventually, one day be alone. He met many people who are already gone. But I said that he was depriving himself of happiness. After all, life eventually ends. But it doesn't mean that the fact that we know each other, or that the time we spend together will disappear. We have to enjoy the time we have with the people we like. For losing them is also part of life."

Rouge lowered his ears. "There are things in life that are not easy to forget."

"Well ... in life we ​​will all have happy moments, but also sad ones. We just have to know how to deal with those moments. And live with them."

"Aren't you afraid he'll get tired of you when he's old? Leave you alone."

Rubis swallowed "Umbra promised to take care of me, but I know that the future is something we don't know. But I would like him to move on, after I leave."

Rouge looked away. "I envy you."

Laughed rubies. "Funny. I also feel the same way about you. I wanted to have the courage to impose myself, just like you do."

Smiled Rouge. "I think we have time to learn a lot from each other."

"I think so."

Rouge took the wool and needles that Umbra left. "So, could you teach me how to crochet?"
Rubies consented with a smile. When it was night, the two bats had made holes with the wool they had. Rubis commented, laughing, that now the two could keep their big bat ears warm during the winter.