Our Saving Grace Pt.2

(Charlotte Family X Reader) a continuation of Our Saving Grace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?"

Straightening up at the voice, you turned to Galette, who was giving you a thoughtful frown, and easily smiled it away.

"Ah sorry.. I was thinking about how I should congratulate Piore on her success in her mission" which was half true.

At first you were thinking about that, as it was related to the conversation you were having when you first delved into your thoughts, but then your track of mind derailed into darker, more anxious places.

Galette seemed to have bought your excuse though, and relaxed into her parlor chair with an amused expression.

"Knowing her, she'll be delighted with just having your attention" as she spoke, the woman reached across the table, plucked two sugar cubes and popped them into her mouth.

"Ahhh, I would love to do this all day, but I'm afraid I have to go back to work soon"

Groaning exhaustedly, the redhead hesitantly rose from her seat and polished off the rest of her butter cake.

As she did so, you rose up from your own seat, maneuvered around the table, and approached the woman with a fond smile, "I hope you'll have a lovely day, Galette"

The woman brightened up at your words, "oh? Well then, if you give me a little something before I go, then I can guarantee I'll have a lovely time"

Blushing momentarily at her boldness, you rested your hands on the Charlotte's chest and gave her a peck on the lips, though was caught off guard as she wrapped her arms around your torso and deepened the kiss.

Moaning shyly into her lips, Galette hummed pleasantly in return and gave the small of your back a soft bite of her nails.

By the time she detached herself from you, the world was disoriented and you were nearly out of breath.

Recognizing your issue, Galette laughed in amusement, but still pulled out a stray parlor chair for you to rest in as she did so.

"Sorry (Y/n), I just can't handle myself around you" the redhead kissed your cheek in apology, leaving a small smudge of her lipstick just below your eye.

Reorienting yourself as she walked out of the room, you were just about to leave yourself when there was a rushed clicking of heels and her head poked out from the door to the hall.

"Oh! (Y/n), you wouldn't happen to be putting on any weight would you?"

Freezing up at the question, you took a few moments to respond, "no? Not as far as I know, why?"

Galette smiled, waving you off, "no, forget about it, I just had a thought is all"

You gave the woman a soft smile as she blew you a kiss, however, once her head disappeared from view, a troubled expression took it's place as you pursed your lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss (Y/n)?"

Lifting your eyes from the magazine you've been 'reading' for the past two hours, you felt apprehension grow seeing the nurse who called your name gesture a hand towards the doctor's office.

Pushing up from your seat, you kindly moved through the crowd and hurriedly slipped through the door, giving the local doctor a smile in greeting as you took a seat in his office.