~ SISTER'S TALK ~

'What! NO HUG?' Naina asked Preeti, walking in the room. Preeti half heartedly hugs her. She feels upset, 'Preeti, we came a very long way; and we have grown so much. Don’t you think we should give our sister relationship another try?'

She extends her hand of friendship towards her. Silently, Preeti complies and even pulls hee into a second hug.

She feels her dress dampen as it absorbs Preeti's tears. 'Hey, why are you crying?'

'Di, I am so sorry for everything I did to you. I even tried to kill you, I am a horrible person. Yet, you still want to be a sister to me! I don’t deserve you. If you get too close to me, I will end up hurting you again! It’s best that you stay away from me,' Preeti turns her face away.

'It's high time you FORGIVE YOURSELF. And I don’t like you looking away from me or looking at the floor, when you are talking to me,' she makes her look at her. 'I want you to face me proudly!'

'Okay di, I am ready to become your baby sister!'

'I am so happy,' she hugs her.

'But di, looks like jiju has put in a lot of extra hours during his honeymoon,' Preeti winks at her. 'Congrats di, I am so happy for you. You deserve all the happiness in the world!'

'So do you. Now tell me, why did you elope and got married to Pandit?'

'Actually di, from the childhood you got all the attention as you did everything best and whenever I did the best no one would appreciate me. Our parents too showered their love on you more. In home, college everywhere it was you, only you. I loved Sameer and wanted to MARRY HIM, but you took that away too. So I thought; if something interrupts my wedding to Pandit, I DON’T THINK I COULD’VE SURVIVED THAT! So, I decided to run away with him. We had a small but beautiful wedding. And I am so happy. He is the best thing that could’ve happened to me. I am lucky to have a partner like him.'

'I am so happy for you. Now let’s go down,' she takes her down.

******

Saina is seating silently on the sofa, as the environment is very new to her and it scares her.

To make matters worse, her father is out-of-sight, having some serious business talk with Kalyani, Rakesh, Anand and Vijay in the study room

Just then, Naina and Preeti came down. On seeing Naina, she gets happy and crawls in her lap and makes herself comfortable there. 'Mumma, Pihu – ba, ba, ba!'

Naina feels that she wants her teddy, so she presents it to her, but she pushes it away. She repeats again, 'Pihu – bababa!'

Unfortunately, no one can understand what she wants. She twists her body angrily in Naina's arms, in sheer frustration, feeling helpless at the same time.

Just then, Naina sees Sameer coming down and gets happy. 'Just see what she wants Sameer ji, I don’t know what she is asking for.'

He bends to her level and pats her head. 'What you want sweetie pie?'

'Pihu – ba, ba, ba!'

'Oh Nainu, she wants you to give her teddy, a BUBBLE BATH!'

She happily kisses his cheeks, as Naina smacks her forehead. 'Now why didn’t I think of that?'

He whispers in her ears, 'It’s simple Nainu, you are not as smart as you think!'

******

'What did the doctor said?' Divya asked Sameer.

'HIGH RISK PREGNANCY, is what doctor told me,' he breaks down. "And this is all my fault. Because of me, Naina and Viraat’s life is still in danger.'

Vijay consoles him, 'No Sameer, it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself. Nothing would happen to Naina or Viraat!'

'You got to tell her Sameer, she needs to be extremely careful about her pregnancy henceforth!' Divya said consoling him.

'I know, but she is already so tensed about the recent happenings in the house. I don’t want to add to her work. Plus, I don’t have the courage to tell her.'

'But you will have to tell her. She has the right to know it,' Vijay and Divya said together.

He nods, 'Yes, I will!'

*******

PRECAP ~ SLEEPLESS NIGHT

Vote and comment❤