NINE

You applied for a day leave for work to take your father to the hospital for his final check up. But before you came back, you heard from the staffs over the phone that they were scolded a lot because they spend too much time on their phones.

You went to their place to wake them up again. They must've spent time using their gaming consoles the whole night.

"Wake up!" you called out like you always do, while knocking loudly on their doors.

"It's too earlyyy" Jisung said, looking like he wasn't on his best mood.

"Where have you been?" Renjun asked curiously.

"I went with my father somewhere" you briefly explained.

Only one was still on the bed, it was Jeno. So you went to him and ask him to wake up once again.

"Uh, I don't think you should wake him up" Jaemin hesitatingly said while scratching his nape.

"Why?" you eyed him curiously.

"He had a fight with his mom over the phone last night" Chenle the untrustworthy member said.

"But he'll be late" you replied as you continued to try to wake him up.

"I won't go today" he grunted, turning his back on you.

"But you'll miss the shoot you can't just—"

"You're not our real manager okay?! I'll do what I want!" he said almost shouting.

It pained you. You thought you guys are going along well. That even though your father was the real deal, he treated you nicely.

"Right, I wasn't your real manager" you mocked him, turning your back at everyone.

You went out of the dorm and ignored everyone who called your name. Actually, your father was already okay. But since you got close to them, you thought you'll stay for a little.

Turns out you're wrong, completely wrong.