Chapter One (Edited)

Tanya's POV

I was going down the slide when I saw the most beautiful butterfly! I glanced at my mommy, but she was reading one of her books. I giggled and looked at the butterfly again. It flew onto my nose and I giggled again. It began to fly off, so I took off after it. It had dark blue wings and black swirls on it. It was so pretty! 

I followed it into the woods and down into a small clearing. The shining sun shone down on me with my long, black ringlets; making my hazel eyes shine. I jumped into the air, trying to catch it. I pouted as it escaped my fingers, watching as the butterfly flew too high for me to reach and left me. 

I sighed and slumped to the floor in defeat. "Tanya! Tanya!" I heard my mommy's worried shout. I giggled and ran into a bush, it scratched me, but I didn't mind. I heard frantic footsteps coming my way and hid a giggle as mommy ran into the clearing.

I should scare her! We would laugh and laugh after! I jumped from the bushes and growled like a monster, mommy turned around too fast for me to see and hit me. I fell to the ground and began to cry, mostly from pain and shock. She looked shocked and worried, she leaned down to help me, but I flinched. A tear of hers slipped down her cheek and I saw pain in her eyes.

A roar was heard from behind me, I curled into a ball and bawled. Mommy tried to pick me up but before I knew it she was pinned to a tree by someone. Aman. A stranger. He had black hair and pale skin. His eyes were golden with a circle of red around it. 

I stumbled to my feet as the man snarled, "Leave my Mommy alone!" I screamed, he glanced at me and all I saw was worry etched into his face. His eyes softened when they met mine but hardened a few seconds later. He turned back to my mommy, he snarled and growled some words. My mom glanced at me.

"Run! I love you!" She yelled at me, her head was ripped off her and she fell to the ground with red pouring out of her body. I turned around on my shaky, tiny legs to run.

Before I could take a step, I was picked up and everything became a blur. I bawled and screamed, hitting this man with everything I got. He hurt Mommy! I finally cried myself out and drifted to sleep in the arms of a stranger. I woke up when he slowed down.

"Hey, baby. Wake up, we're home." I heard a whisper. My eyelids fluttered open and I smiled shyly. He smiled at me and set me down on something, so I was sitting. 

"I'm not a baby." I protested with a yawn. 

"Fine then, you're my little moon." He cooed. I giggled, happy that he sounded happy.

"What's your name, my little moon?" Stranger asked. 

"Tanya. I'm five!" I exclaimed with a proud grin. He laughed, and then everything came back to me. I leaned away from him and began to bawl, he tried to shush me and calm me down, but it wasn't working. He hurt mommy! All the red stuff and panic! His growls scared me! 

I bawled and bawled, he was panicking now. A woman dashed into wherever we were, she was very pretty. Red eyes, brown hair, and pale skin. "Ooh! You got me a snack!" She said happily, he growled at her and I bawled even harder. His hands fluttered around my face and hair, trying to calm me .

"Shh! It's all right, my Tanya. You're safe, everything's fine." He cooed softly. I quieted as he hummed under his breath, I slumped into his arms.

"Hi, sweetie. My name is Fleetwood." He told me softly. 

"Fleet." It sounded more like Feef. He smiled, the woman growled. 

"You found your mate!" She said it excitedly, so did the growl mean things were good or bad? I'm confused. Even though I was five, I knew big words!