chapter 3 - watching you without me

If you're wondering what Kalliste looks like, here:

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 The room was so empty. Eternal solidarity, a dimming hellscape. The windows were large yet it seemed like their foggy glass was blocking most of the natural sunlight coming in. But that didn't matter entirely. She liked the warmth of the wispy cold air and the dreadful darkness that embraced the corners of the ceilings and walls. She gave in to the unilluminated ambiance.The dark wooded floor was all she sought for now. Dizziness seeps through her skull. Knock Knock!That sudden feeling of madness had been chased off. Kalliste rose her head towards the source of the noise. She made her way to the door. She opened it, which revealed the servant from earlier. They arrived with more servants. Many of them hurried their way in, carrying heavy loads such as a mattress, blankets, and more comfort to give away. 

As they went in and out, they gave agitated looks at Kalliste as she blankly watched the servants do their part. She only stood there, waiting. Her still image gave the servants an indication to move even faster. But Kalliste did not intentionally mean to. Oh, these poor servants. Kalliste brushed off that thought, thinking that there was no point in being sentimental or pitiful towards them. There was not much she could do in her place. As they finished, they all scurried away like innocent rabbits.A sudden overwhelming presence appeared, soon to be Shang Tsung. He emerges from the hallway and at Kal's entrance. He looked at the disappearing servants and soon had his eyes on Kalliste. 

 "I see you have been settled in the Emperor's home.- How does it feel?" He establishes so dimly.Kalliste looked onto her left side, ignoring eye contact. The silence was all she gave. His hand had suddenly lifted her head, forcing her to make eye contact with him.

 "Seems that Queen Sindel was correct. So ill-mannered despite the courteous discipline I've given you. You will learn."

"There is a creature watching me, he has six arms..." Kalliste said, Shang Tsung cocked his head, "Ah, Kollector the Nakadan. He is Shao Kahn's tribute collector. More so, his devoted and loyal servant."

 "Has he confronted you?" Kalliste nodded, then he continued, "He's doing what his emperor has told him, he is rather... maddening."Shang Tsung then smiled, "I'm positive you have given him brutality?"Her mouth was agape, "Yes," Although hardly any brutality was involved in the confrontation. 

"Excellent" Shang Tsung smirked down at her and returned to his polite stance. "Come, the emperor asks for his court."Upon arriving in the large center room, the throne room with those viridescent backgrounds. There were many souls in the room. Many more that Kalliste was not familiar with with this amount of people in the room. It seemed to be an interesting meeting. Something impactful. Kalliste could feel it. She slowly walked into the room, walking behind most of them. Kept herself quiet and not upfront. The Emperor has just arrived along with Shang Tsung and his lackeys and of course that gold-feasting goblin of his.