chapter 40 - eternal

There, drew the night, a warm night. A lonesome dark time. Kalliste had to be further off Mileena's camp. The Tarkatans held no threat to her, but they were ordered that she was not permitted to linger.

So she wandered into the jungle for a long period of time, settling herself in a sufficient spot where she could gather some wood and a campfire. Not much she could do on her own expect wait for Mileena's proposition-  yet she wasn't entirely sure if Kollector would consider helping her as soon as possible.

All her thoughts perished as the wild nightlife was soothing to her ears. The rustling of past leaves came to occur, she glanced around her surroundings until she found a plump boar passing through the greenery. Her stomach turned, reminding her of her empty hunger. She slowly rose from the jungle floor and prepared herself in a hunting stance.

It did not seem fazed by the firelight, the scanty whispers underneath her boots. With one handheld tightly around her dagger, she tensed her breathing to the point where it became sharp inside her lungs. The boar stood idly by, sniffing the greenery around it. She crouched down where she blended herself with the jungle; watching the boar quietly as possible.

Before she could make move closer —

Leaves rustling occurred quite loudly. Then suddenly, the wild boar drifted away to Kal's disappointment. She abruptly stood up in annoyance, wondering what source caused the beast to pester away.

Settling her eyes in the dark, she encountered a tall figure and instantly charged at the intruder. The knife was so close to tearing some skin, but a tough set of arms had already apprehended her limbs. She tensed up until her vision settled in the night. Already the figure she set eyes upon was coming clear.

"Kollector?" She called out. He softens his grip and released her.

His eyes glowed in the faint night. A soothing atmosphere all around them. Just the sight gave peace to her core. But she was intent on knowing if he had an answer from Mileena.

"Have you come to bear news?" She asked. Her eyes followed Kollector as he circled the little campfire she provided.

"Yes. — Mileena means to ambush Kotal tomorrow. Perhaps you should come." Kollector says. Kalliste blankly looks at him as his words were not what she had expected. Nothing concerning her position at Mileena's court. Looking deep into her thoughts, she only wished to be in the same position as Kollector so that she had a purpose alongside him. But the thought of serving someone for eternity was just dreadful to her.

"...This is not what I meant by; news..." Kalliste says solemnly.

"Yet, I have brought you this." Kollector upper set of arms come forward to Kalliste with a basket woven bowl with some sort of odd porridge in it.

"Food...how thoughtful," Kalliste faintly takes the bowl, gradually feeding herself - drenched in sullied gloom.

"Please. Did you talk with Mileena?" Kalliste pleaded.

"It was not my place to," Kollector says. Her brows furrowed to his response.

"What do you mean? You won't consider helping my position?" Kollector gazed at her with irk. Becoming tiresome with her.

"I have yet to tell her. Tomorrow you will come. Explain to her yourself." He speaks, assured with his words as Kalliste glares back at him with uncertainty. He begins to walk away. The night returning its lonesome aura once again, but Kalliste won't let it.

"Kollector." She called out. He turns around - a fretful expression laid around his face.

"What is it?" Kollector says restlessly.

Kalliste relaxes her posture.

"Would you care to stay?" She asked. He stands there for a moment until he dubiously nods - coming by her side. Kollector seemed unsure with his choice, but what other infatuating things would he do coming back to Mileena's camp? The only thing he seemed close with; was Kalliste. Supposedly he had to admit that her companionship was pleasant. A type of bond that he would have never expected in all his life of adverse misery. 

She moved an inch closer, time after time. Finding herself leaning against Kollector's shoulder; his fine lean deltoid. Her arm crosses underneath his arm, holding him closer to her. These sudden actions made Kollector slightly apprehensive but he felt like he grieved for this affection. 

All he did was stare at the crackling fire in front but he felt that his arm was being led to a tight cease; all guided by Kalliste's hand. He looked over and soon noticed that she was moving his hand through a lewd area. Kollector jolted by the realization. The sudden startle made Kalliste sneer with puzzlement. 

More buried into her clothing, he felt his fingers inch along lines of flesh. But his fingers were tense - as if he was frozen by the situation.

Kollector felt himself heat up by the depraved position. But when he looks at Kalliste's relaxed face. Realizing that she was gaining pleasure from this. And so he didn't want to withdraw but still found himself jittery. 

"...You find pleasure from this?" Kollector asked dully. 

Kalliste made an "Mhm" sound - agreeing to his question. Then she stopped guiding his hand. She withdrawn the progress of pleasure then looked at Kollector. 

"You--- Have you never had... this sort of feeling?" Kalliste questions him greatly, intrigued by the complete absence of fulfillment. Of course, life was not all about satisfying yourself with others, more so the achievement of your ambitions. But if you find yourself enticed with someone; you'll long for the ritual of lovemaking. 

In return to Kal's question. Kollector shook his head assuredly. "I do not indulge in... sexual endeavors..." He said quite timidly.  

She was deeply fascinated. 

"I suppose no one would ever consider you." Kalliste joked, snickering softly. Her words somewhat irked Kollector. Suddenly Kollector stood up from the ground. Kalliste glared at him with concern. 

"Did that disturb you?" 

"No. -- I will come for you in the morning. Best that you sleep." Kalliste's eyes followed him until he disappeared in the dark jungle leaves. She was left with an emptiness in her stomach. He never said good night or bye. Always left with inconsiderate acts.  

She felt her eyes become heavy. Finally laying on her back where the bright moon perfectly faced her from above.  It was all she saw until she drifted off into sweet slumber.

----------------------------

The dreams she dreamed was peculiar. The past that she experienced - those awful moments replayed in her mind. -- There were distant voices, someone calling out to her. 

"Kalliste." They nudged her shoulder excessively. Her body tried so hard to awake until the piercing sunlight poked at her vision - a hand waking her once more. When her eyes finally opened, the sight of Kollector gave tranquility in an instant. The hazy and groggy feeling weighed her down as she attempted to rise from the jungle floor.

"Come, the others have already left to Z'unkahrah." Then the haziness perished almost in an instant as soon as he addressed the situation. 

"I thought we would reason with Mileena?" Kalliste said dimly. 

"The empress had no patience for it. She is keen on her ambush on Kotal. Best we make way there now. " He lifted her from the ground as Kalliste huffed in frustration. 

They began to walk through the greenery. The bright jungle air surrounded their journey.