chapter 7 - becoming insane

For the last time, Shang Tsung was busy preparing for the tournament on his island so, Kalliste was stuck in the fortress of Shao Kahn's palace. She was okay with her situation, she didn't want to constantly be beside Shang Tsung all the time and even though she was in no different position, it was far better. Today, Kalliste was summoned by Shao Kahn.

 His guards managed to find Kalliste around the palace. In her empty tasks, her time was filled with free time. She decided to part take in a few training sessions with some of Shao Kahn's allies. Some she had won and some she failed. But she continued to grow from it, gathering her mistakes in her head as a reference. During those times, she hardly saw Shang Tsung present anywhere. She knew something grand was going on behind the curtains. Yet she knew little about the rules or objectives. 

 She had no idea what kind of powers the other fighters would have and what their strategies would be. As she walked side by side with the guard, gazing at every passing soul and architecture, she unknowingly was brought to someone familiar.

 Kollector. 

She thought she was going to be taken to the emperor but was deceived.

Kalliste groaned at the sight but why was she disliking it when she needed his help? She was expected to learn under the rule of the Emperor She was brought to Kollector who was in the shadows. It wasn't that he was trying to be sneaky, he just was. He looked at her and smiled. 

"Good, you're here." Kalliste rolled her eyes, "I thought I was being brought to Shao Kahn? Not you..." 

Kollector scoffed. "Well, I am keen to contribute my wisdom to you. So, that I may seek passage on Shang Tsung's treasure."

Kalliste frowned. "Yes well... who knows when that'll be. I don't know when I'll be satisfied with your training." Then, a small smile crept from her lips. This made Kollector snarl in an offense that he rushed at her, their faces inches away from one another. 

"My time is valuable! You best not spoil it or I will kill you!" Kalliste raised her eyebrow, "You won't." she smiled.

"I will." 

"You're a fool if you think that you could kill me." 

"What is the meaning of this commotion?" Kollector and Kalliste stopped to look that there was a woman who intervened. She had long black hair and a radiant green outfit, she was beautiful.

 She approached the two, "Kollector, are you disturbing her?" Kollector did not remove his detestation expression, "No, she is the one disturbing me!" He spat.

"Then what is the meaning of this hostility?" She replied with a stern look.

Kalliste smirked, "It's no big deal. He was just saying that he wanted to kill me." The woman crossed her arms, "I'm not surprised. Kollector is often impulsive to others. You're Shang Tsung's daughter I hear?" 

Kalliste nodded but slightly cringed at the indication, "He only raised me like his... I'm not close to him at all." 

 "I see... I am Jade, protector for Princess Kitana." 

 "Kalliste," She replied. Jade bowed her head as they both greeted each other. Kollector watched the both of them and how much he was displeased with the jovial encounter between them.

"Now, if you are done with your cordial greeting, this one needs to be to work." Kollector grabbed onto Kalliste's arm and dragged her away from the woman. Kalliste stayed put with a sudden disgruntled look as Kollector firmly pressed his claws around her arm.