chapter 5 - breathing

Familiarity with her new surroundings was graduallyforthcoming and it was time to stretch her body around in terms of preparing for this tournament everybody had been talking about for days now. As her skin crawled from the sensation of her blood rushing through her veins, she looked around and was not disappointed with what she saw.

 There was an arena in the fortress that had been populated by many others and within it was a warrior in green and reptilian skin. He was called what he was but perhaps he had a true name unrevealed to everyone here. His fighting style was strange, different, and ue. He had used substances from his m,outh, claws and from biting thtoin order to enhance his strength and abilities.

 He was battling against a woman in golden yellow, her skin curved and deepened with strange features. She was like an insect, beautifully ornate and strange. She had claws that resembled needles and in her hand protruding limbs from her back that were sharp and deadly. Kalliste watched the fight with interest as she observed their fighting techniques. 

The two warriors, one ancient and one so new, both so alien, both so fascinating.

They moved in the arena with grace and speed and both were beautiful to watch. The spilled blood, red and blue as their groans were the results of their flaws. 

In the daze of the observation, she had noticed that she hadn't seen Shang Tsung in some time, every so often he would check in with her like some pestering father, although he wasn't like one at all. The fight ended in a blink of an eye and the winner was the insect lady, she was like a strange insect herself, beautiful and deadly.

 She smirked in her victory as the defeated one recovered from their injuries. There was an opening that piqued interest in Kalliste, she wanted to fight next so she entered the open arena and looked around, awaiting her unknown opponent. The person in charge approached her and asked for her name to which she promptly replied, "Kalliste." 

The conductor nodded and said, "Here comes Kalliste, a new fighter enters the arena! Who challenges this newcomer into battle?" He raises his hand and glances around the arena, awaiting the next opponent.

"I will." 

A voice replied. Out of the crowd was the militant Kollector. She was surprised but excited by his answer. He entered the battlefield with his jaunty stance, a smile upon his face that was intended with certainty.

His arms reach deep into his frequent satchel that hung from his back and equips a chained mace and two pairs of curved swords in his upper set of arms. His feet were planted firmly and confidently upon the ground and his sanguine eyes stared down the length of his weapon's path towards Kalliste. 

 She kept her distance as she watched him walk toward her. Kalliste adjusts her mask and carefully watches and studies his movement.

"Are you prepared to kombat me in battle, pest?" He says with determination. 

"I am." She replies with a low voice. 

FIGHT!

 He launches an attack from his curved swords, swinging at her head while she dodges his attacks. He continues to swing his weapons which she easily dodges. . He was a well-honed machine, each part working in unison to become what he was. His movements were crisp, precise, and powerful but not enough to stumble into her light body soaring around him onto the battleground.

 He swings again, this time missing her head but his attack connects with her left shoulder, causing her to hop backward in pain. 

She quickly got up from the ground and readied herself for another attack. He swings again but she leaps forward and lands a light blow to his side. She lands on her feet and readies her claw which manages to hit him again on the same side that was once gored.