chapter 39 - no love is sorrow

Outworld was now ruled by Kotal Kahn. Now nowhere for Kollector and Kalliste was safe. But they had to find Mileena before anything else happens, at least they'll be apart of something.

They found themselves in a heated environment, a jungle. Where so many lively insects, pests, and animals roamed around freely. Plants and greenery wafting in their faces. She eyed Kollector for a moment, understanding that heat would not affect him so deeply as he was always bare at times; wearing his hood and trousers. Never wearing shoes- perhaps it would look silly on him.

Kalliste fanned herself.

"Kollector, do you know where we are?"

His back still turned to her as they continue walking in the jungle.

"We are in the Kuatan Jungle."

Kalliste glanced all over. Slightly unfamiliar with her surroundings. She lived mostly in the dry, monotonous Outworld for most of her time. Certain places she had never explored or been in.

Her feet met with water, glistening in the bright sunlight. Suddenly, she felt content with the surroundings, even with visible wildlife near them - the aching and desolate place they were previously in was wretched.

"I've not been here before..." Kalliste said. She tried making conversation as his back is still faced her. Kalliste peered as if she was waiting for something.

"Is that so..?" Kollector muttered. His tone was dismissive, causing Kalliste to feel faintly agitated. She didn't bother dawdling on that topic and pondered about something else. Catching up to Kollector's side, she ogled at him harmoniously. Her peering head was in his view, causing him to glance at her with dismay.

He continued to gawk at her as her behavior seemed a little bit odd. Then he stopped his movement against the jungle floor.

"What is it?" He questioned irritably.

Her face still gleamed pleasantly, clasping her two hands together in front of her body.

"Nothing. -I guess I'm just appeased that we are much closer." A gleeful smile graced her face. Kollector somewhat rolled his eyes - that faintly displeased face that was present. He swatted his head and continued to walk further into the jungle. Supposedly her behavior was out of the ordinary considering that she was always so reserved and careless - Finding that love had lifted her spirits after all this time. But it never was substantial for Kollector.

Kalliste could see it in his eyes; that irked and greyed out feeling in him.

Then her brightly lit face died out.

"Are you bothered?" She cocked her head at him.

Kollector's demeanor held nothing but blankless, but he soon turned to seek Kal's courteous face.

"No. I am solely keen on finding the others." Kal gave a stiff and unsatisfied expression.

Before Kal could speak any other word, a weapon of some kind grazed in between them. They both looked at the weapon; a golden kobu Jutsu sharply embedded with the ground.

"Not another move." A feminine voice called out. High up in the trees, Kalliste and Kollector both looked at the source. A figure jumping down - a familiar soul making their way at them.

"Tanya." Kalliste greeted out.

Tanya walked in a stifling manner. She had a smirk on her face while making her way towards them.

"What is your purpose here?" Tanya questioned.

Before Kalliste could step further to speak, Kollector went forward instead.