chapter 35 - quarrel

3 months had just past and those only who remained were Kalliste, Rain, and Kollector. Rain was mostly in charge of their little group. Throughout the years, Mileena had been imprisoned by Kotal Kahn. The Tarkatans have been gathering by Mileena's side as all prepared for her breakout.

Recently, they've recruited a new "ally" that wishes to free and fight for Mileena, considering Mileena thrives a future for Edenia. A woman dressed in gold attire, black medium hair, and pearl set of scleras. She had a stern tone about her, she seemed odd.

Her name was Tanya.

Ever since the Havik, Kalliste, and Kollector's relationship had been progressing slowly, he was still hasty in his own demeanor but it was mildly dull between them. Nothing intimate was there, mostly solid amity. Throughout the time, Kollector had been going back to his obsessive wealth and profit collecting. Yet, considering he was a wanted fugitive in Outworld, it wasn't exactly easy taking whatever he wanted without Kotal's embassies constantly out looking for him.

Today, there was a plan to free the empress from Kotal's shackles, Tanya was ultimately confident in her plan as Rain approved of it. Kalliste on the other hand felt a tad bit underneath them, they were both Edenians. Kalliste was just an Outworlder and Kollector was a greedy spider. They both would be entirely closer to the empress, racially. But a focus on that is somewhat pathetic, the future will soon tell what rule Mileena might address.

Kalliste had taken a walk by herself, proceeding to arrive in the meeting area when she felt a sudden presence behind her, yet maybe she was being too paranoid. As she faintly turned her head around, a rough push occurred against her shoulder.

"You, Outworlder. What exactly is your position for the empress?" She came face to face with Tanya.

Kalliste dimly stares at her as Tanya waited for an answer. "—I am unsure exactly. Just an ally... I served Shao Kahn before—" Kalliste felt uneasy by this woman's demeanor, yet she was no Sindel.

"I don't suppose Mileena would have any desire keeping you on her side... it's simply... deplorable." Tanya gave a scornful smirk as Kalliste began to feel confused by her words. What exactly is she stating? Is she being picked on?

"I am having trouble understanding what you're establishing..." Kalliste drifted her focus onto the path of the corridors as she began to leave their conversation. Yet, Tanya won't cease her impudent behavior towards Kalliste. She steps in front of Kalliste.

Kalliste slowly looks up to her. "I suppose it is due to the fact that I am not Edenian or Tarkatan nor a construct...?" Kalliste said subtly. Her sardonic tone and words slightly bothered the Edenian.

"I don't appreciate those who leave so abruptly when I am speaking," Tanya said stiffly, Kalliste sighed, unamused and unimpressed by her this sudden conflict.

"Do you think of yourself so resilient, Outworlder moll."

Lissom figure stepped into their view, stern virile that abruptly tore a confusing tension. Kollector's body intruded Kalliste's sight, stepping in between Kalliste and Tanya.

"Best you watch your tongue." His voice was filled with robust daunting. He seemed to glare at Tanya with his subduing haste.

Tanya's eyes peaked at Kollector's sudden confrontation.

"Do you speak for this girl?" She mockingly questioned, hands on her hips.

"No, but it is unwise to commence a quarrel with one another. Best that you remove yourself from here." He peered his head closer to Tanya in great annoyance, a conceited smirk still present on her face.

"As soon as I free Mileena, she will soon question your position, Nakadan leech." Tanya's smirk faintly departed, still determined as she began to leave the two, wholly bitter by Kollector's encounter.

Kalliste could only stand so still, remembering Tanya's insignificant words, yet her focus fell upon Kollector's strange but unforeseen barrier of defense. Her eyes gazing heavily at him to which he stammered his glare back at her, he spat inconsolably as he turned his back onto her.

"...That was unnecessary, but I suppose I should thank you. Tanya's words were hardly provoking, mostly confusing..." He proceeded to walk and Kalliste soon followed his movement.

"There is no need for your gratitude. I am beyond weary by Edenians and their sneering pride." He responded rashly.

"...I could've handled it." Kalliste said under her breath, her eyes veering emotionlessly. He reverted his gaze at her; thoroughly displeased by her comment. He scowled.

"Often at times, you possess timidity, that is why I have grown to have various feelings of you." Kal's gaze nonchalantly peered at him. "Of? Or for...?" Kalliste said faintly. Then the impassive expression on her face perished as she chuckled dimly at herself.

Kollector scoffed carelessly, moving much further away from her. By his sudden departure, her character drifted into a solemn tone.

Kalliste passingly moved by his side, obliging his attention once more. Her hand gripped around his upper arm, gaining his attention. He thrust his arm almost immediately by her touch, that obstinate expression on his face always remained onto him. But his pull was not that severe, more so subtle and quick.

"I was going to ask about your... status on the collecting." Kalliste slowly moved aside a hair strand covering her face. Those two colored orbs constantly drifted all around her surroundings, gradually, it rose towards his stare; a brilliant red deepening into her windowed soul. Light and dark cast upon his cause, swallowing his thickening aura that he had kept for almost eternity. Such a lonely savager, his greed taking him further. Pitiful and lonely, grown into desperation. Covered by filth and ugliness, sworn that his kind would deserve better.

"Kollector." She called out.

His head protruded by her voice. Now his eyes tightened, retaining what she had asked. Kollector's posture released all stiffness and no longer fell idle.

"Collecting... it... It has not been.. performing entirely well. There is no profit if the empress is not here. I only obtain a few gold, all has been lost when Kotal chained me." Kalliste sighed heavily. Slightly disheartened by his situation. "...I would have tried to get your things, but... I'm certain Kotal's embassies filled the palace. Only you mattered at the time." Kalliste indifferently stated.

Kollector softly glowered at her for a moment. Then he resumed his shrewd expression.

"Let us go, Rain and the others await." He states, then proceeds to walk.

In a few moments, there had been a plan prepared and outlined for Mileena's breakout. As Kollector and Kalliste arrived, Rain looked up from the planning table, slightly annoyed.

"There you are, I've beginning to question your whereabouts. We plan for Mileena's escape, Tanya will lead." Rain extended his hand out, pointing towards Tanya who smirked arrogantly; stepping forward.

"If we must free the empress, I will require obstacles to remain clear. I shall do the honors; Kalliste, you'll keep watch for any of Ko'tal's guards wandering around, we must remain at most diligent and quiet if we want to see our empress alive." Tanya walked towards Kalliste, hovering over her figure.

"I'm curious about how you'll play out..." Tanya said quietly at Kalliste. Kollector in the distance slightly scowled at the close interaction between them. Tanya soon noticed his glare and rolled her eyes.

"And what shall I do...?" Kollector called out. Tanya sighed profoundly. Her body language shifted into a carelessly swing as she reverted back to the planning table.

"I suppose you shall kill anyone you see that interferes with the outbreak." Tanya nonchalantly said. Rain crossed his arms, looking around the room. He broods his head.

"This very well work, Tanya." Rain stated sternly.

She gave back a bold grin, hands on her hips as she cocked her head at him. Assured and forward in her disposition.