chapter 26 - let me in

It has been over 3 and a half weeks ever since the death of Shao Kahn. They fed themselves every bit of edible thing they could find, gathering their eyes on every moving meat sack - killed for food, hunted for survival. It was obvious that the current situation that Kollector was in, was bothering him extremely as he felt like he was no longer living under an Emperor's roof - lacking the wealth and lacking the delicious foods. His mood had always stiffen the interaction between Kalliste and him that they hardly had good times.

Overall, Kalliste had become better at standing on both of her legs although the weight on her knee gave a bit of a chuckling pain that made her stumbles at times. But it felt like it was going well on the healing process. But the lack of easy communication between them had been extremely down on Kal as she felt like he had decolorized the part of care or fondness in his heart.

But all she had to do was ignore it, dismiss the idea of love once more. Perhaps he is not a soul of intimacy.

Lately, Kollector had watched the progress of her mending knee and was eager to leave as soon as she was ready.

"--Is your knee able to manage another venturing?" Kollector questioned. Kalliste gave no words from her mind as she had the expression of displacement.

"Well?" He insisted once more in growing frustration. Then, Kalliste dimly nodded.

"Then we will leave at once! We will return to Outworld, observe to see what current events may reveal." Kalliste played with a dagger she had kept, its tip grazing on the armrest where she idly rested. Kollector waited for movement as he grew impatient. Immediately he grabbed onto her ankle and pulled her legs off of the wooden table where she had rested them, roughly ruining her lounging.

Finally, she abruptly stood up - shoving Kollector aside as she headed outside, slightly limping her way out.

"You would rather rot in a filthy cage than serve and grow in wealth?" Kollector says as they began scattering from the house, Kalliste strides further off into the cold woods as she chooses to ignore him.

"Where do we go?" Stepping onto the crunchy leaves where the air became thinner; too cold. Kollector caught up with her as he led the way.

Throughout the venture in the dead woods, everything between them was but filled with a silent void of nothingness. No chattering, nothing. Kalliste had been extremely resentful for the past days but Kollector did not care for the slightest. Yet, he slowly understood her defiance against servitude - making him question her loyalty for Shao Kahn once again. If she did not share the same goals as him, he would have second thoughts about having her around.

He kept eyeing her - thoughts clouding his mind as it was interrupting his objective. But soon after, the cold air was drifting off into warmth.

Finally, into the Outworld's markets - everything seemed to be going normal as usual. As Kalliste recalled; the streets always had a sense of fragility and vulnerability for so many, many years, yet supposedly with Shao Kahn finally gone, his aura of dominance had been wiped. As they continued to walk further into the marketplace, the eyes of the civilians were stuck upon Kalliste and Kollector, well, mostly Kollector. The mere sight of him being in the public seemed to be quite overwhelmingly hasty.

Kalliste rose her brow in confusion by the intensity of stares gazing at them. They kept walking as jeering sounds slowly occurred at them; they yelled out

"Nakadan worm!"

"Nakadan scum! Leave!"

They threw berating words at him, insulting him freely as some particular civilians began throwing objects at him. Kollector snarled at every view as he harshly brooded at someone, grabbing them as he threw them across the sandy grounds in an act of dominance. As his outrage continued, the Outworld civilians slowly became fearful. Kollector gripped tightly onto another Outworlder as Kalliste stepped in; planting her hand against his arm to get his attention.

"Kollector, stop."

He roughly swatted his shoulder away from her touched, his anger towering over to the disrespectful civilians. Kalliste furrowed her face in annoyance as she forcibly shoved him onto the ground. Soon after, her eyes began to turn pitch black. Glaring down at Kollector. He hissed as he quickly rose from the ground - facing her on the field.

"I had quite enough of your resilience! - Ever since you have joined Shao Kahn, your mere presence has confused me throughout!" Kollector berated in anguish, revealing his true emotions. Kalliste sighed harshly as he continued to stay silent and impassive.

"Perhaps I will finally rid of you and kollect what is mine." Kalliste widens her eyes in a stern tone as Kollector began to charge at her, a violent aura swirled within him. Kalliste quickly evaded his attack in shock as he was overwhelmed with anger. She tried to block every hit that he threw as his weight over-threw her. His strength was remarkably strong to which Kalliste was extremely unknown.

She did not want this, a brawl between them that could in a bruising, or worse; death. For once she felt her heart drop as she pulled all her strength against him. Kollector continued to claw at her, his punches were cruel and rough - all of his hits made Kalliste was not fully recovered at all - the constant weight and tear in her knee made it worse for her to fight back. Hitting him with her arms was the only thing that could bruise him. But possessing so many limbs was an advantage.

All around - she could only seek the watching eyes of them, civilians. They watch in seriousness.

Kollector had her pinned against the ground, her arms tried to push his weight off but he grasped her inch of her body. She eyed down below, raising her good knee and jabbed Kollector in his nether regions. His grip loosened as he winces - Kalliste immediately stood on both feet, a swarm of embassies start clouded the environment.

"What is the meaning of this?" A stern voice called out. Kal turned her head to see a man in painted blue skin. Colorful feathers stuck out from his helmet. He glanced at Kalliste for a moment as it landed on Kollector. His expression turned sour.

"Kollector." He said. It seemed that he knew him. The whole situation became rather peculiar.

Kollector rose his head to his name. Eyeing the man.

"Kotal?" Kollector questioned.

"You may address me as Kotal Kahn." Kollector's eyes widen - he immediately bowed in respect upon the supposedly new Emperor.

"Kotal Kahn." Kollector continues to say respectfully.

"Your vows are nothing to me. I will not let Shao Kahn's leftovers continue to fester on Outworld's Territory." The Kahn said hastily. Kollector shifted in slight fear.

"But, I can serve you." Says Kollector, trying to reassure the situation. But the Kahn shakes his head.

"I employ hawks, not vultures." He addresses. On his side, a huge brawny thing with a - girl on his back.

"-Ferra want play play with arm thing! Yes, Torr?" The beast grunted in response. Such vile desires that little thing had said. Kollector clenched his face as he soon realized that his situation had become rather uncomfortable. Kalliste slowly walked over to Kollector, putting her hand on him; gesturing him that they should leave. But the mere sight of her now just annoyed him. Once more he swatted his body from her as he backed away from Kotal's way.

"Kot-tek-ha!" Kotal ordered his embassies to start taking in Kollector and perhaps even Kalliste. They began to back away as their forces came closer. Kollector began running away and before Kalliste could even manage to run away, Kotal's forces had already apprehended her. Kollector's spirit had gone as the rest of the guards tried catching him. They were split apart.

Kalliste struggled and struggled as she was being pulled into the view of the new Kahn.

"And who might you be?" Says the man in painted blue. His eyes glowed of pale teal, markings on his chest.

Kalliste stayed silent as usual.

"Take her away." He ordered. His guards continued to pull her away as all that she could see was the crowd and a now-departed soul she once knew.

—————————————————---