chapter 27 - you can't kill me I'm alive

Thrown into a dirty cell, her hands planted against dried blood and filth. The cell door shut closed as no other living souls continued to linger. She was left alone; a musty room of solitude.

Kal's emotions fell short, her eyes jittering in madness as she felt herself to be extremely lost at this point. If she was to be killed than so be it. Kalliste had contemplated a lot about death, the unpleasant things of knowing about the end. Her life was not that interesting anyway. At least she managed herself at adulthood, being a young adult that is. Kalliste sat against the wall as she waited for something to happen.

Her head and body ached from the recent brawl she had with Kollector. Now the mere thought of him just made her sour and bitter. Yet, she had to part ways with him if she had too. They constantly had unsavory exchanges with one for many weeks and sadly, it all ended. At times, Kalliste had wished he was also captured, but she was the only one shackled.

Suddenly, creaky cell doors opened abruptly, a few guards came in.

"Up, prisoner!" They yelled as they grabbed Kalliste on both arms, pulling her roughly outside the cell. Kalliste stepped onto one of the guards' ankle. Releasing her as she was about to swipe at the other guard; a tightening feeling grasped around her neck, pulling her. She winced as she opened her eyes, she saw a familiar reptilian warrior. Its eyes slit of dim yellows, an overpowering smell of repulsiveness swarmed through her nose.

Her eyes widen. It was Reptile. He too served under Shao Kahn's court and now...

"I remember you. - Sshao Kahn's recent little lackey." His s's extended out as he hissed at her. Seemed that he had quickly sided with the new Kahn. The guards returned to their task, apprehending her as they followed Reptile's way.

"You do not talk, do you? I've heard your demon sspeaks for you." Kalliste huffed as she tried to wiggle herself out of the guards restrains but they continued to tighten their grip around her arms.

"Kotal Kahn iss now the Kahn, a more resspectable one." He continues to talk as Kalliste remained quiet for the meantime, they escorted her throughout the Kahn's palace, even after a few weeks, the debris had been removed. The place was slowly turning into something completely different.

She was led to the familiar throne room which no longer possessed the dark side it once had. Red drapes covered the ceiling, stone walls, and pillars. The place was beginning to look like an Aztec palace, fitting in the new Kahn's image. The guards threw Kalliste onto the ground, shackled around her wrists as she landed on her knees uncomfortably. She slowly looked up at the new Kahn who sat in his Aztec throne - this particular situation felt so similar from the past, bringing nostalgia.

"You kneel upon your new emperor.- Now I ask you this, what is your name?"

Her eyes stared upon the stone floors, dripping its weary gaze.

A hardening grip around her jaw clicked as she was pulled into the view of the emperor.

"The emperor sspeakss for your name!" Reptile dug his fercious claws into her skin, making her wince mutely. He roughly let go as he made his way to his Kahn.

"Sshe is called 'Kallisste'" Reptile declares.

"How is it you know this?" Kotal questions in curiosity. His hands grip tightly upon the throne's arm-rest.

"Sshe took sservice for Sshao Kahn. Sshe is but Sshao Kahn's remaining lackey'ss, emperor." The emperor glares at Kalliste who continues to drop her head, her eyes set upon the stone.

Kotal Kahn stands up. "I do not follow under Shao Kahn's ascendant, yet I ask for your relations with Kollector, he is indeed a great threat to Outworld." His eyes glares upon Kalliste who remains unresponsive, the type of behavior which made him slightly impatient.