chapter 34 - color of blood

The mind of hers fell deep and nauseous. Hardening with a tense heavy blow from before. It took several blinks until her eyes could properly see. She felt fresh blood glaze across her mouth and cheek, tasting the iron bitterness that had entered onto her tongue.

Kalliste slowly and slowly awoke from her painful unconsciousness, her head swelled with a heavy rock inside. All she could hear was a brawl happening around her, punches thrown, knives slashing, and grunting. One particular being with whips fought against the blood possessed beings. It seems that all the 5 souls were awakened; fighting against this unknown challenger.

Havik stood up as he reattaches an arm that was once torn from his body. All of a sudden, all 5 turned souls attack the fighter with the whips; punching, kicking and slamming him into defeat. Tiring him out relentlessly.

Havik begins to speak, standing over the tired man. "Fortunately, Hanzo's not here to witness the passion of his apprentice."

"I've got the whole realms waiting to explode into chaos, so let's make this simple. —Sacrifice your blood to the kamidogu and become an agent of chaos. Or..."

"Be reunited with Hanzo." A burst of bright light was blasted towards the man. The power overwhelmed the boy. Havik continued his speech.

Meanwhile, Kalliste reaches over to Kollector's unconscious body. She roughly pushes him, attempting to wake him as she intensely looks behind her.

"Kollector. Wake up!" Kalliste continues to nudge him. And slowly, he briefly moves. A sudden tug dragged Kalliste away from Kollector. Stopping her from doing anything. As she looks up it was Kotal and Mileena. Suddenly, Mileena brutally stomps Kalliste on her stomach, resting her heel against it.

With Mileena's crimson eyes, she glared at Kalliste with a smirk.

"There you are, my unfaithful servant. Still disobeying me?" Mileena said sardonically.

She looks over to Kollector who still seems unawakened. Mileena scoffs.

"Should've scorched her soul while I had the chance." Said Kotal. He too was possessed, and still a true enemy.

With Mileena's heel pressed against Kal's stomach, she peered in a brood. "Best that I end your ser-"

A sudden gunshot blasted through their ears, a noise that gained attention elsewhere.

"That was just the warning shot," Said one of the newcomers. The mercenary cowboy.

With Mileena distracted, Kalliste shuffled away from her heel and began to kick her. It was obvious that Mileena was controlled by this blood code and so Kalliste wanted to worm her out and not kill her. But it all seemed to be difficult considered her blood was bound by the agent of chaos.

By the source of the gunshot. Familiar intruders came in. Ferra and Torr, Reptile, Erron Black, And one unknown soul; an insect

Shots were fired and all the blood bound agents began to fight with the newcomers. Kalliste was entirely unsure if this meant good news. A sudden piercing bullet scorched the side of Mileena's head, to her anger, she focused onto the attacker with anguish and soon left Kalliste alone. While others fought violently to the death.

Kalliste nudged Kollector once more and finally, he awoke. With his blood-orange eyes opening up to Kal, she abruptly hugged him with contentment. Perhaps she was being overly enthusiastic while being in the whole of a brutal riot.

"What... has happened? Kollector weakly says as he tries to mend his headache with his hand. Kalliste tried to make themselves less visible as she drifts into the shadows.