chapter 36 - breakout

Kalliste pouted by the number of times she had to do a rescue mission, sadly she did not get the rest she deserved.

Everyone prepared themselves, traveling to Z'unkahrah where Kotal resided alongside the shackled empress. There will be many guards around and only a few of Tarkatan scouts stayed behind as Tanya, Rain, Kalliste, and Kollector continued forth.

They stopped just outside the Koliseum. The outside walls decorated and still being built to honor the Osh-Tekk emperor. Where the sky runs pale blue, warm golden light shimmering from above and onto dry land. Tanya leads the group, everyone crouched, hidden in the shadows.

The structure of the outside walls were quite obscure, it was completely different from Shao Kahn's palace. Like it was completely thrown and erased from this land.

Near the towering walls, the group noticed a large opening into Koliseum. Kalliste remembered how easy it was to enter as the palace was more under construction and opened. As now it has been mostly covered and built, it seemed more difficult to understand the structure.

Near an entry, a gathering of slave workers were transporting things, guards surrounding them as they kept watch.

Everyone observed as Tanya nodded at the others. She sneakily made her way to one guard, hand covering their mouth as she quickly snapped their head. A sudden guard from in front quickly noticed yet Tanya was quick to react as she blasted him with a fiery orb of heat. A piercing flame staggering the guard's chest.

"Come now." She flicked her finger at the others, signaling that they move quickly.

As they hid near the shadows, observing the open inside the Koliseum. Kalliste pondered for a while.

"Are you sure that Mileena is here..?" Kalliste asked Tanya. She looked back at her with a serious grin.

"She's no petty prisoner, she will be held someplace else special." Tanya states. "Keep in the shadows, and we'll get our empress."

They quickly entered underneath the seatings, a narrow dark hallway where they traveled across and through. Finally, as they arrived in the large corridors, plenty of passing souls lingered into the place, more obstacles in their way. Tanya and Rain peered from their shade from once they came, watching closely to those who soon came close.

A lone guard came their way, and as soon as he was close enough, Tanya pulled him into the gloom, apprehending them coarsely. She tightens her grip as Rain stood over the bound Osh-Tekk guard; his hands entwined with water magic.

"Tell us where Empress Mileena is being held!" Rain exclaims. The guard's face continued to gawk at Rain, silent and stiff. With no response, Tanya cocks her head at Kalliste, indicating her to make the guard talk. Kalliste promptly went by the guard's side, she equipped a dagger and began to designate the surface of the blade onto the guard's bare stomach. The sharp end beginning to draw blood.

"Speak now, Osh-Tekk scum." Tanya hardens her grip around the neck. All they could hear from him was hoarse gasps and dim winces. Tanya began to become impatient as she gazed at Kalliste, pursing her lips.

Kalliste took a deep breath and began digging the blade into the guard's stomach, twisting the dagger intensely, a small river of blood began to pour out of his wound. The guard began to pierce agonizing screams, but Tanya quickly clasped his mouth to prevent him from making too much noise. Yet, his screams were able to slightly bypass her tightening hand.

"Tell us where the empress is, or your intestine shall linger outside your body." Bloodied tears peered from the guard's eyes and finally, he gave a gesture of obedience.