chapter 10 - alone/with you

When they all returned to his Fortress, Shao Kahn's feet with what his successors brought him. Impressed and scattered, Shao Kahn grew a bit positive about the situation, and Kalliste returned in one piece despite her fueled anger with Kollector.

Although, the credit was mostly due to Skarlet because Shao Kahn always spoke highly of her, and somewhat adored her more than Kalliste. Of course, she was here much longer, who knew what relationship she truly had with the Emperor At least, when it came to Shao Khan's love for the ladies, he never showed favoritism towards any particular lady.

Shang Tsung was quite impressed by how she handled herself during their mission. Intrigued with keeping her composure. Not failing him was important to Shao Kahn as well. She also proved herself useful at times. Using her abilities to be able to infiltrate certain areas without being detected.

This made Shao Kahn like her even more. They spoke of the matter and reason for Kollector's entrapment, saying that Kano was owed his money for offering his weapons to the Kahn.

"I will deal with Kano as such. You've brought Kollector back. Now our tribute shall continue." Said Shao Kahn. That was all, for now. It was good to be back, although, truly it wasn't a delight to come back to this place. But, after all the chaos, Kalliste needed some time alone.

Before she could even move an inch, she has almost forgotten that she had been struck in the flesh with a bullet. She did not understand what type of object it was. It was steel, sharp, and embedded in her flesh. It was hard to remove, but nothing seemed to help.

She tried to see if she could peel it out using her fingernails, but that was useless, it just kept bleeding. Kalliste rushed to a place in the corridors where it was more secluded and dark with shadows. She cringed as she sloped against the wall, sitting on the marble floors. Her knees were touching her chest and her hands holding the wound.

A shadow then covered her light, her eyes shot up to see Kollector with his luminous red eyes looking down at her. What is it now? She thought.

"You do not look well." He says in a scathing remark. Kalliste huffed heavily, "Of course not.-- The waste I had to go through to save you."

"I shall provide service for you. In return for your... rescue." He offered with a sneering smirk, one she could not trust.

"I can remove whatever is poisoning me!" She barked back, slowly stood up from the ground, and proceeded to leave him.

He stepped in front of her, blocking her way. "You are not well. Perhaps allow me to offer my hands to you."

Kalliste groaned to his words but winced when the blood kept spilling from her flesh wound, this time she was beginning to grow hazy.

"Fine." She said, then she proceeded to follow him to wherever a place had available privacy and medical instruments. Finally, they moved quickly into a room that Kollector could've been familiar with, he was a long-time lackey after all.

She felt her head begin to spin, she couldn't handle this pain anymore. Kalliste immediately laid herself down onto one of the comforters and could feel like she was slowly passing on. Such a strange sensation, a strange state of euphoria.

Damnit, she knew how groggy she felt, how vulnerable she was. How should just let this happen? Why was she so weak from this pathetic wound?

Then, she felt something prickling her skin, first, it was cold, then warm, then tingly. Kalliste was confused but didn't care much, she just wanted to sleep and have a respite from this pain. Kalliste tried to watch what Kollector was doing to her but couldn't keep up. Soon, she began to feel like she was floating.