**

"Faseeh" an inaudible gasp left Mehreen's mouth seeing one of her closest friends infront of her eyes.....same features but with a little maturity in his eyes, he was standing there in a formal suit with his right hand shoved into his pocket.

And their eyes met!!

Before eyes could talk, Zubaida nudged her daughter who seemed to have zoned out.

"Beta....ye Faseeh hain....."

"Assalawalaikum" she somehow greeted him who greeted her back with a smile "Walaikum asalaam"

His tone had turned a little heavy which made him sound a little dominating.

Nafisa made Mehreen sit next to her and engaged her in a sweet conversation.

After a while,

"Beta Mehreen se kuch puchna chahte ho" Asif asked his son.

"Jee nahi"

"Aur Mehreen beta aap..." he then turned to Mehreen who looked at Faseeh for a moment and tore her gaze away..."Jee nahi uncle"

"You can call me Abbu beta" Asif smiled and patted her head.

"Toh rings exchange kar lete hain....." Asif said "don't be disappointed you two...engagement bas hamare beech ho rahi hai...kyunki I want it that way....lekin nikaah bahut hi shandaar tareeke se hoga"

Everyone smiled and then Nafisa gave the ring to Faseeh who next moment held Mehreen's left palm delicately and made her wear the ring.

Mehreen could not make out his state of mind seeing his expressions. But ...wait...just for a second he saw something in his eyes.....but it was instantly replaced by mirth......it was like he was controlling too hard to not let out a chuckle......before she could read more, Zainab passed her the ring and she looked at him first and then made him wear the ring....and all started clapping. After a good hugging session....all of them were now sitting on the dining table enjoying the delicious meal.

"Bhabhi....aaj bhi aapki haath ki biryaani ka jawab nahi......" Asif praised

"Haan Bhabhi...ye baat toh hai" Nafisa supported her husband.

"Aur lein phir......"

"Bilkul bilkul"

"Waise Mehreen beta....nikaah k baad aapka kya plan hai......"

"Mai kam karna chahti hun...uncle "

"Bahut achi baat hai beta.....aur aapke Abbu se aapki sincerity k bare me humne bahut suna hai"

"Mat puchiye Bhaisahab, Ye ladki...exams me toh sona hi bhool jati thi......topper hua karti thi" Zubeida exaggerated a little while praising her daughter who according to her was the best student of the college.

"Ahhnnn" Faseeh spat out the water he was sipping on and started coughing.

"Kya hua beta"

"Kuch nahi aunty....bas kuch yaad aa gaya"

Mehreen could literally see the mirth dancing in his eyes and mocking her.

After a delicious meal, all were talking when Faseeh spoke up "Abbu mai Mehreen se kuch baat karna chahta hun.......uncle agar aap" he was cutoff midway by Bilal "It's ok beta...hum samajhte hain....Mehreen jao garden dikha do Faseeh ko"

And that was the moment, Mehreen was waiting for, she stood in light speed "aaein" ... Faseeh followed her and when they were out of the periphey of everyone's eyes, she caught his hand and dragged him to the corner side of the lawn.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें