3•

"Yaar ye laddoo try kar......bahut hi maze ke hain" Haneef offered Rehaan some home made laddoos 

"Kahaan se aaye?"

"Mehek ka dabba pure hall me ghum raha hai aur use pata hi nahin hai...Rohan ne chupke se uske bag se nikaal par rotation par lagaya hai" Haneef chuckled

Hearing Mehek's name, Rehaan's lips twitched but the laddoos were luring him like anything...he was a certified foodie.....he moved his head to other direction trying to resist them but then again looked at the laddoos and picked not one but two.
"Unhe pata thode hi chalega"

"Arre bhai kya chal raha hai yahaan" Zakir had come to give something to Haneef and smiled looking at the laaddoos

"Arre waah...." Zakir picked one and moaned..."kisne banaye hain"

"Sir...Mehek ke hain"

"Mehek Shah??"

"Ji..Sir..." Haneef smiled

Zakir took the box and took steps towards Mehek's system...."Ahmmmm"

"Ji Sir" Mehek smiled

"Ye aapka hai?" Zakir asked in a strict voice

Mehek was confused seeing the box and immediately looked into her bag....."Mera box kahaan gaya"

"I guess the box was stolen by those guys" Zakir pointed at Haneef and Rehaan "But not to worry I became your knight in shining armour and brought it back to you"

"Mehek was shocked "Rehaan??" But then she remembered he used to gobble up all her laddoos if he saw them in her bag.....that was one of the reasons Zaid detested him...he didn't use to leave a particle.

"Where to?" Zakir clicked his fingers bringing Mehek out of her thoughts..."Since I have done you a favour,...don't I deserve a treat?"

"Sure Sir...what would you like to have" Mehek politely smiled

"Laddoo" Zakir smiled pointing at the box

"Please bring some more for me tomorrow......" Zakir kept the box and left the hall while munching on his laddoo.

Zaid who was seeing all this felt bad...."how I want to relish those laddoos again..."

After the day's work, Mehek came out of the office and smiled seeing a Golgappa vendor on the opposite street...

"Bhaiya...ek plate teekhi" the sight was making her salivate to no ends....after so many days she was going to have her favourite golgappe.

"Hmmm..." She moaned in delight as the water ball bursted into her mouth making her experience a plathora of flavours ...

She was about to have her next one when one more hand came.." Bhaiya thodi teekhi...."

Mehek turned only to find her so called husand with a cute frown on his face.

"Sahab..." the vendor called Rehaan as his plate was tilted since his attention shifted to Mehek who kept a very normal look and took in her next puri.

Haneef who was standing on the stairs of the office entrance with Zaid chuckled..."Wo dekho dono chatoron ko "

Zaid looked at where Haneef was pointing and saw Rehaan and Meher enjoying paani puri....."Haan Mehek ko isliye toh Rehaan bahut pasand hai...saari chatorpanti me uska sath bakhubi deta hai.....college me toh competition hoti thi donon me"

Here, Mehek and Rehaan were in their own world enjoying the heaven...."no matter who is standing next to you..food is bae"...animosity was put to rest for sometime.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें