IV

"Are you guys done with the groups?" Ibrahim asked after finishing the last topic of the chapter.

The class representative handed him a paper carrying all the names ......

"Hmmm.......anybody who has still not found a group?"

Seeing no raised hands, Ibrahim kept the paper in his file and again picked up the marker.

"Sir...we are done for today please....." some of the students loudly whispered making Ibrahim turn "So what according to you all, should we do to kill the time?"

"We can ask each other some interesting questions" one of the students said

"Okay...who is going first?"

One of the boys raised his hand and stood up

The boy was answering the questions excitedly when all of a sudden someone asked "Latest crush" and pat came the reply "Safiya"

"Wow.."

"Excuse me"

Two different reactions came from two different places but the latter one overshadowed the former with its dangerous intimidating tone

And then the boy's eyes met Ibrahim's blazing ones and he tried to cover up..."Ahh..Ssir I meant Safiya's friend....." but the damage was already done....The boy closed his eyes cursing himself in his mind ... how could he ....

"Khan tu to gaya" The boy's friend who was sitting next to him said seeing Ibrahim's eyes ..according to him...if looks could kill...his friend would have been in the process of travelling to heaven right now.

"Guys there is something I wanted to tell you guys" Ibrahim calmed himself and said.
"This year theory paper carries 70 marks and the rest 30 is in my hands"

"Jaani tere fail hone ki wajah abhi bata de raha hai...baad me mat puchiyo" the boy's friend was having too much fun.

After 5 minutes the class ended ...Ibrahim was moving out when the boy came running......"Sir...it was just a slip of tongue....I didn't mean that"

"You better didn't " Ibrahim peeved and scooted off  leaving the poor boy with slumped shoulders.

While Safiya was sitting with a pout "Mera ek admirer samne aaya...use bhi aankhein dikha kar peeche kar diya"

-------------------

"Safi...." Ibrahim entered Safiya's room with a book in his hand but was a little surprised seeing some of his students in her room.

"Good evening Sir"

"Good evening.........so zeroed in on the project topic?" Ibrahim asked looking at a chart spread on the table.

"Yes sir......"

"Safiya....ye lo tumhari book....." Ibrahim handed Safiya a book and turned to go.....but then turned "Naashta mangwaya sabke liye?"

"Nahi bhaijaan" Safiya pouted

"Nahi sir....we are all right..." one of the groupmates said

"Arre aise kaise.....mai abhi bhijwata hun" Ibrahim went out closing the door

"He is sweet yaar..." Reshma said

"Please.......once in a blue moon..wali harkat hai ye" Safiya grimaced remembering his scolding in the afternoon for going late to his cabin. He had asked for one of her books urgently but she got a little late...and so faced the brunt.

"Kitne pyaar se tumhe Safi bulaate hain" the girl smiled

"Pyaar se nahi aadat se.....ghar me sab usi naam se bulaate hain" Safiya huffed writing something on the chart paper.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें