OL 3

"When will Bashar come" Rabiah was marching to and fro in the hall when she heard a car's honk.

She immediately dove towards the couch and opened her books. 

"Rabi" Bashar called softly, but got no response...seeing Rabiah so much engrossed in her studies brought a proud smile on his face.

He walked towards her "Rabi take a break ...you need to have refreshments in between...it charges you up"

Rabiah finally lifted her head up and gave him a smile " You know Humeira  also keeps saying the same thing. We need to enjoy ourselves and study too."

"Hmmm" Bashar pecked her cheek.

"You know our batch is going to be taken on camping next week...Humeira and I are thinking to enroll our names" Rabiah came to the main point.

"You are not going ...let Humeira go" Bashar gave a straight answer and picked up a magazine .

"Bashar..everyone is going"

"We don't need to imitate others Rabi..moreover camping is full of risks." Bashar reprimanded. 

"Bashar pls..." Rabia pouted.

"No..means no...understood" saying this Bashar went to his room leaving Rabiah in tears.

--------

It was 9 when Bashar came down for the dinner. 

"Where is Rabi?"

Zareena didn't say anything but passed a glare. 

"She wants to go for camping" Shaziya explained in a helpless tone.

"Phuphi it's dangerous. "

"Bashar..professors are also going...moreover Rabi is not a kid anymore." finally Zareena broke her silence favouring her niece.

No response....Bashar was busy making a plate. After making it, he stood up and went to Rabiah's room where she was lying on her stomach probably crying.

"Rabi" Bashar tried to lift her head lovingly

Rabiah hid her face in the pillow but Bashar pulled her up and wiped her tears " Pls don't cry baby...you know na I can't see you cry"

"I want to go for camping" she hicupped.

"You are not understanding Rabi..." Bashar started but seeing Rabiah's red eyes sighed " ok how many days?" 

" Only three and my professors will also accompany us." Rabiah wiped her tears.

"I will meet your professor tomorrow and check the details myself" Bashar said and forwarded a morsel towards her mouth. 

Rabiah smiled and hugged him tight " I love you."

Bashar smiled and hugged her back.

After feeding Rabiah...he came out of the room.

Sensing the absence Rabiah woke up and rushed to the washroom and started splashing water " Allah miyah sorry...but Bashar ko manane ka bas yahi tareeka tha" . Yes it was all planned out by Zareena and Rabiah. She had put glycerine in her eyes and purposely kept the door open .

She peeped out of the door and winked at Zareena who was coming to meet her.

---------

Next day in the college, Bashar met Rabiah's professors to assure himself again and again. Finally getting thoroughly satisfied. ..he gave a thumbs up to the trip.

The week passed and it was time to leave for camping.

Shaziya and Zareena packed Rabiah's bag

"Allah ...I am going only for three days"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें