II

"Arre ye aaj seniors ka bakheda kyun laga hua hai" Safiya was sitting with her friends in the canteen during the free period and mugging up some Chemistry formulae in order to prepare herself for the next class. She just wanted to prove that she was better off tuitions. She remembered how she ate up her Tai Ammi's mind for no tuitions....and she proved to be her saviour but on a condition that she would score above average in her mid terms.

"Freshers hone wale hain na.......isliye bahut chahal kadmi machi hui hai " Ramsha, her friend said picking up some french fries.

"Is baar toh ek Rose themed game bhi ho rahi hai.......freshers ko jo campus me sabse zyada pasand hai...use rose dena hai sabke samne"

"Wohoo........ye toh mazedaar hoga" Safiya clapped her hands and closed the book ready to listen more about the Fteshers'programme.

----------------

"Arre Safi .. chal na last bench pe" Anusha, one of Safiya's friends tried to drag her to the last bench

"Jahannum ka ticket nahin katwana mujhe" Safiya stopped her friend and again moved to the first bench...

"Arre cousin hain yaar tumhare....kuch nahin karenge" Anusha was not giving up

"Ye bekaar si theory ki bhanak bhi lag gayi na unhe..toh...rishta tod denge mere sath" Safiya grimaced imagining Ibrahim's expressions even if he gets a whiff of the statement just made.

The sound of the loud steps alarmed Safiya and with in no time she found herself sitting on the first bench all ready to welcome her favourite professor.

"Good morning everyone" Ibrahim wished the class and threw a look which managed to give a microscopic view of the class.

He started the class with a simple question........the question was written on the white board and the class was asked to solve it

"You all have already studied this theory in the previous semester, with the next chapter we will be going into the details. So, just for a quick revision, solve this"

Ibrahim marched in the classroom looking into the copies.

"Ummm.........galat hai" Safiya lifted her head hearing the words and then again looked back into her copy....waiting for him to tell her "sahi kya hai" but no words came out of her professor's mouth. He just took steps to the next row.

Safiya looked sideways and found the topper sitting next to her...she tried to peek into his copy which he shifted to his right...

"Ek to ye toppers ke chonchle hi alag hain.....zara sa dikha dega toh kya  mai topper ban  jaungi....beraham log" Safiya cursed under her breath and looked in other direction for some help.

"Sshhh..." Safiya turned her head at the sound....."Safiya answer aa gaya kya...?"

"Yahaan question ka matlab samajh me nahi aaya....answer ki baat kar raha hai" Safiya frowned but then next second pulled the boy's copy a little..."dikhao zara kya answer hai"

Going through the whole solution, she immidiately turned and started filling her copy.......

"Answer sahi hai?" The boy asked in a whisper

"Sab sahi hai..sab sahi hai" She waved off her hands relaxing the boy.

By the time, Ibrahim returned to the first row, Safiya was done with the question and was beaming.

"Ok...then....who is coming to solve on the board?"

"Safiya ...... aap aayengi?" Ibrahim looked at Safiya who gave a fake smile and got up " Nepotism ke asli sardaar toh ye hain.......... arre kabhi dusron ko bhi mauka dein ye"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें