1#

"Safa get up...u will miss ur classes" shouted a girl in her mid 20s while rushing out of the washroom.

"Hmmm" was all she got in response irritating her further...her sister was a lazy cat and needed some action to get out of her sleep coma state.
So..snatching the blanket, she pulled her not so little sister out of the bed and literally pushed her in the washroom.

This was Inaya Shah's daily routine. She had just started working in an IT company and so still struggling to catch up with the new routine.

"Safa u completed your assignment?" asked Inaya while munching on her paratha.

"No... I am still stuck ...will need a day more to finish it " Safa replied in a plain tone sipping on her juice. Inaya was surprised to see such a calm tone..."And your favourite professor will allow it..last time i heard he was too cruel to give these kinds of grants" Shs raised her eyebrows at Safa stifling her laughter.

"Aapi...please aise subah subah mood na kharab kiya karein" Safa grimaced keeping her juice down.

"Acha....but what I have heard from your friends..seems like he is very handsome"

"Kaun phaila raha hai aisi afwahein" Safa was not at all happy at the piece of news.

"Aapko kabhi unka chehra roz subah dekhna pade tab pata chalega aapko ...ki" Safa would have continued but stopped hearing the footsteps of her father.

"Good morning Abbu" both the sisters chirped." Zakir smiled and wished them back. Seeing Safa leisurely eating her noodles, Inaya nudged her showing her the watch making her get up at once....."ok bye.... ...." she ran out of the house throwing her bag on her shoulder.

" Ye Akdu Professor cheez kya hai...itna khauf failaye rakha hai" Inaya soliloquised...

At college

"Itna sannatta kyu hai bhai" Safa shouted entering the class ...

" Aaj Hitler Maths k answer sheets dikhayega" her friend whispered into her ear ...to which the her face turned pale and she made a run towards the last seat not wanting to be in the periphery of Hitler's eyes.

"Yaar ye acha nahin lagta....sabke samne dhindora peetne ki kya zaroorat hai......tch.. I did well...but phir bhi" Safa was highly upset and kept doodling in her register.

"Toh...itna kya tension yaar...you did well na" her friend Noor tried to cheer  her up

"Wo toh mere hisaab se 'did well' ...."

"Acha matlab just pass" Noor said non chalantly blowing at her nails...

Suddenly, the students started grabbing  their seats creating a commotion

"Aa gaya Hitler.....Toofaan se pehle ka nazaara..."

A  man entered the classroom with a file and a marker in his hands.....his demenour shouted of his strictness and no nonsense attitude.

"Good morning" his commanding voice boosted his presence making the class go all quiet .. after reciprocating the wish.

"So........excited to see how you all performed" he said opening the file which had the answersheets.

Safa was murmuring prayers with her eyes closed.......but then her name echoed in the class making her squirm

"Ms Shah could u pls enlighten us all with the theories you presented in the exam... I was not wise enough to grasp those..may be" a sarcastic comment by her favourite professor and she knew she was dead.

"Ms Shah  stop hiding behind the book ......45 out of 100...tomorrow with your guardian at sharp 10"

"S..sir...I was not well..."

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें