OL 8

"Ammi please" Bashar's pleads were echoing in the hall of the Khan Mansion.

Bashar was being  thrown out of the house by Zareena a few days ahead of his wedding. He was shocked when his mother came with a suitcase in the hall and ordered "Kuch dinon ke liye hotel me shift ho jao"

"Kya"

"Haan...ab se le kar nikaah tak Rabi aur tum ek dusre se nahi mil sakte..."

"Haan toh nahi milunga....isme mujhe ghar se nikaalne ki kya baat hai" Bashar lied through his teeth to overcome the situation.

"Beta mai tumhari Ammi hun.....toh yeh jo aap keh rahe hain us par aap kitna amal karenge mujhe pata hai" Zareena smiled tight pulling Bashar up from the couch.

"Ammi...please na karein" Bashar requested like a kid but that didn't have the desired effect as next second Abbas pulled him with himself out of the house

"Aur haan .. tum chaho toh baat kar sakte ho kyunki uske bina toh tumhara BP hi down ho jayega" Zareena smiled shaking her head on the main door.

------------------

"Ye aise....." Humeira was leisurely applying haldi on Rabiah who could do nothing but just glare at her friend as her hands and legs were caught by the other ladies. Rabiah was about to run to her room as soon as she had  sniffed the turmeric paste but  was caught by her traitor friends.

Her Ammi had said that they would skip the function for her but that was just a lie. As soon as she got down, Humeira who had been hiding  in the hall attacked her with other ladies.

"Bas ab wahaan kyun laga rahi ho " Rabiah wiggled feeling haldi on her waist

"Arre ab ye bhi mai bataun" Humeira winked making Rabiah swat her hands away "Kamini pura ka pura gandh pada hai dimaag me"

"Ahah..You tell this to your husband on wedding night"

"Shut up" Rabiah had by now turned into a tomato.

"Kab se aa kar kundali maari hui thi tumne" Rabiah twitched her lips at Humeira who was busy in decorating her face.

Looked like everybody liked decorating Rabiah's face..be it Bashar or Humeira.

-----------------

"Hello my pie"

"Pie??" Rabiah chuckled hearing one more nick name of hers from Bashar's mouth.

"Yeah..so how did the ceremony go?"

"Puchein na..mujhe pura yellow kar diya in logon ne.....bol rahe the aapko sundar lagungi..arre mai sirf ek food item lag rahin hun jise aap ko khane ka mann karega" Rabiah whined not realizing the meaning of her words which could be easily be regarded as double meaning talk.

"Shayad" Bashar chuckled

"Shayad....do you want to eat me"

"Why not..I bet you would be very delicious"

"Bashar...aap hi hain na" Rabiah couldn't imagine Bashar saying such things

"Jee...."

"Aa aap achi baatein karein" Rabiah tried to divert the topic sensing Bashar's naughtiness.

"Wahi toh kar raha hun na meri jaan"

"Kya ho gaya hai aapko...aap aise toh na the"

"Nikaah ho jaane dein..phir aur ache tareeke se mukhatib hongi aap mujhse"

"Bye..mai phone rakh rahi hun" Rabiah cut the phone feeling nervous but a moment later smiled clutching the phone to her chest. This was all so overwhelming.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें