OL 2

"Hey..." Rabiah greeted the girl sitting next to her.

It was Rabiah's first day of college and she was yet to make new friends.
The other girl reciprocated with a smile "Hi..I am Humeira"

"Rabiah"

The duo exchanged smiles and started talking casually about the college when the Professor entered. He seemed to be strict and he proved it right by starting the first lesson ...on the first day itself.

"You" The professor suddenly pointed at a boy who according to him was not paying attention to what he was teaching.
"Which principle were we discussing?" the most obvious question came up making the boy look here and there. He suddenly felt someone tapping his shoe ...he frowned at the figure sitting one bench ahead him but then he noticed her palm gliding up showing him the answer.
"Principle of effective stress" the boy answered.
"Hmm...what's your name" Professor smiled a little and asked.
"Aariz Qureshi" the boy answered and took his seat.

After the period finished...Aariz tapped the girl's shoulder
"Hey thank you so much". He  thanked the girl to which the girl smiled " You r welcome. ... ..I am Rabiah"
"Aariz"
After casual talks Aariz asked "Friends?"

"Friends!!" Rabiah smiled.

"Rabiah did you listen...the seniors are coming to rag us...they are not sparing even one class" Humeira was scared. All the students were pretty mortified.
"They are too demanding" Aariz too joined in.
"Let's see what happens. ...itna soch kar dimaag mat kharab karo" Rabiah sighed.

And the moment arrived when a group of seniors entered the class.
There was a pin drop silence due to fear. ..but Rabiah's face was showing different colours. She was occupying the last bench.
One senior who was getting all the female attention walked up to the last bench and sat with her. Other seniors were busy interacting with the rest of the class.

"How is it going ?" that senior asked taking Rabiah in a side hug.

"Very fine" Rabiah showed her dimples and there Humeira was sweating with fear. She didn't hear what the senior asked Rabiah because of all the ho halla going in there. She even feared looking at them lest the senior shifted his attention to her.

"Bashar let's go..." came the sudden voice.

"Bye...and don't worry. ...no body would dare to rag you" the boy said and stood up to go but not before glaring at the guy who was continuously staring at them.

"What did he say" Humeira at once jumped on Rabiah after the seniors left.
Rabiah was about to reveal the things but then stopped and thought to keep this as a surprise.
"Nothing yaar he was just trying to intimidate me."
"See I told you. ...bach ke rehna" Humeira advised her.

Bashar was in the final year of his Masters degree. After graduation he took a break and assisted his dad for some experience and then seeing the right time decided to go for Masters.

During the lunch break...

"Jahan dekho wahan seniors... huh" Aariz was trying to hide himself seeing so many seniors around.
Just then Rabiah's cell started ringing.
"Rabi...I am so sorry...I couldn't come...my professor has literally kidnapped me for some discussion" before Rabiah could even say a Hello,  she got to hear a frustrated voice from the other side.
"It's ok Bashar ...I am fine" she smiled at the way Bashar was cursing the professor.

Finally after calming Bashar, she switched off her cell.
After the classes got over...Rabiah marched towards the canteen. Bashar had told he would be waiting for her there.
Bashar was having a burger when she sat with a thud and snatched the burger. He smiled seeing her attacking on the burger as if she hadn't eaten for days.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें