Professing Love ~ BONUS

Ibrahim entered the hall to see Safiya scrutinising Azaan's face very carefully .....

"Kya kar rahi ho "

"Ek minute....ek minute"

After a while, a big smile was on Safiya's face "mujhe laga hi tha..."

"Kya"

"Iske eyelashes mere jaise hain"

Ibrahim rolled his eyes at Safiya's one more discovery......

"Haan .. aapko kyun kuch fark padega.......judwa beta jo mil gaya aapko " Safiya pouted making Ibrahim laugh "Judwa beta....seriously Safi...."

Ibrahim still remembers the chaos she had created after Azaan was given in her arms......the family couldn't make make out who was the baby among them since both their wails had filled the room. It was after Gulaab's constant brain washing baatein of how the baby would start looking like her after some years, Safiya had smiled.

And till today, she would check Azaan's face everyday for discovering the so called similarities.

"Waise tumhe apni judwa beti chahiye?" Ibrahim came out of his thoughts and whispered in Safiya'ears making her shy...

Just then a boy of 2 years came running in the hall...."Taya Abbu"

"Jee....Zain miyaan"

"Bhai muh daata...." little Zain pointed towards Azaan who always tried to be intimidating like his father

"Ise A B C D nahin aati.....so I sscolded him"

"Ye dekho chhote professor ko...matlab mijaz bhi unhi ke tarah hai inke" Safiya shook her head at both father and son.

Azaan hid his face in Safiya's neck pouting "Ammi....bhook lagi hai".
Safiya's lips curved up into a beautiful smile " Mera beta mujh par gaya hai khane ke mamle me"

She carried him in her arms and gave her one finger to Zain who happily held it deserting his Taya Abbu in seconds. The trio moved to the kitchen where Safiya made both the babies sit on the kitchen slab...."Kya khaana hai aap dono ko"

"Maggie"

"Hmmm...is hafte me pehli baar demand kiya hai noodles..banana toh padega" Safiya pulled their cheeks

Safiya had by now mastered the art of cooking....Azhar who used to dread even touching her dishes now could not resist licking his fingers even after polishing off everything.

With in no time, all four were sitting with bowls of hot maggie. Azaan insisted on having it by himself and little Zain was being fed by Ibrahim who when tried to have a spoon was immediately stopped by Zain "Mela hai"

Safiya laughed and fed Ibrahim from her bowl...."Rotiyon k samay sharing yaad aata hai bas"

In the evening, Misha was making a cake and chocolate syrup was kept in a bowl on a table in the hall. She went to the kitchen to bring something and Azaan who was busy with his crayons rushed to the ingredients...it was like he was waiting for Misha to leave.

His eyes twinkled at the brown coloured liquid and he dipped his finger in the syrup and licked it, suddenly his eyes landed on his mother who was checking something in his bag..., he again dipped his little finger in the syrup and brought it to her mouth. Safiya frowned seeing his brown finger when Azaan smiled "Chocie...." pointing at the syrup. Safiya's heart melted at her son's love and she instantly licked it off his finger.

Ibrahim was leaning on a wall and was witnessing the whole drama with a smile on his face "and she says he is like me"

---------------

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें