2: Coffee Date Ideas

When Taeyong awoke that Sunday, the next morning, it was due to the buzzing of his phone. He had received three texts and one missed call from Johnny, shocked about the news of Taeyong's new bodyguard. He had asked Taeyong to meet with him for lunch under the guise of meeting the man.

There was no sign of Jaehyun as Taeyong had gotten ready this morning. He was glad, he knew it was wishful thinking but maybe, just maybe, the man wouldn't follow him around anymore. Those dreams were quickly shattered when he opened his room door and was met with a very broad back at its entrance. Jaehyun turned to the Taeyong, quiet as usual.

"G'morning.." Taeyong said, scratching the back of his head. He wondered how long the man has stayed there. Did he get any sleep at all?

Yeri, the maid from yesterday, interrupted their awkward silence with a bow. "Your breakfast is ready sir. Your friend is also waiting for you in the hallway," she told them politely, a tray under her arm.

Taeyong's forehead wrinkled, usually Johnny would come meet him in his room and rush him out. Why was he waiting in the halls? He moved to rush to the direction of the stairs to the front door but a firm hand on his arm stopped him.

"Breakfast first."

Taeyong felt compelled to stop in his tracks. He realised this was the first time Jaehyun had spoken, albeit it being only two words. His voice was deep, heavy, and precise. It was so commanding and authoritative that Taeyong stilled. The hand on his arm did not budge as he turned to Jaehyun. He wanted to shrink but he didn't want to show that Jaehyun's short words had an effect on him so he pulled away from his grasp sharply.

"Don't touch me." Taeyong scowled.

Jaehyun remained unresponsive. Looking at the man, something told him he wouldn't be able to leave until he ate. Taeyong stomped a foot and went the opposite way, towards the kitchen, angered that Jaehyun had bested him.

"Stupid big man and his stupid rules.." He muttered to himself. He realised he didn't even know his name. His mind was clouded with thoughts of the mysterious man as he arrived at the table. It was already set and his father was at the other end, reading a stack of files.

"Father.." Taeyong began hesitantly. He wanted to get rid of that weird bodyguard as soon as possible. Mr Lee glanced up at him through his reading glasses and Taeyong made a small finger gesture to the bodyguard behind him. His father raised a brow.

"Take good care of my son, Jaehyun."

Ah, so that was his name.

"Yes sir," Jaehyun said so stiffly that for a moment, Taeyong genuinely wondered if he was a robot. Those were also his fourth words, Taeyong noted. His voice sounded the same as earlier, hard and stable.

Mr Lee stood up and shot a warning look towards Taeyong before he left exited as if telling him to behave. Yeri rushed to clean up after the man as Taeyong's hands formed fists seeing how his father dismissed him. If only he hadn't left the city again then this wouldn't have been happening to him. All he wanted was to experience freedom like a normal twenty year old. It was embarrassing how cooped up he was.

Taeyong sat down harshly, not bothering to say anything to Jaehyun. He reminded himself to eat slowly this time but it was hard with the thought of Johnny waiting impatiently for him. Oh, and Jaehyun's looming presence too of course.

He finished half of his food before shooting up, his hands placed on the table, "Done!"

He paused where he was for a moment in anticipation, his body ready to react. Jaehyun made no movements to tell him to sit down and finish it so he took that as permission to leave and slid past him. As he sped-walked to Johnny, his mind wondered if Jaehyun had eaten too.