30: Epilogue

Warning: Super Hella Mega Domestic Fluff <3

Taeyong woke up to the smell of fried eggs and the throb of a pounding headache. His first thought was regret - he definitely shouldn't have went to Ten's party last night - his second thought was embarrassment, as he vaguely remembered throwing up at some point from one too many shots of tequila, and his third thought was simple: It was love. It was the remembrance of how well and so lovingly Jaehyun had picked him up and ran him a warm bath before tucking him into bed.

Taeyong groaned and rubbed his head before sliding off the bed. The taste of his tongue made him grimace - there was always that faint but striking taste of bitterness that came whenever he'd occasionally throw up. He padded over to the bathroom to brush his teeth, his energy slowly returning with every step.

In the middle of his furious brushing, Taeyong glanced up and smiled at the sticky note in the corner. It was a simple little saying to seize the day and an awkwardly drawn heart at the bottom. It was Taeyong's idea at its core.

"What about all those cute, little sticky note gifts? Like arranged in the shape of a heart on the bathroom mirror?"

It was a casual idea he had mentioned to Jaehyun when he was scrolling through pinterest. He hadn't actually thought that Jaehyun was listening to him until little sticky notes filled with words of encouragement and drawn out versions 'I love you' were plastered in odd corners of the house. They seemed to change every once in a while too, Jaehyun replacing their words or Taeyong finding them in new places. It was small, but it was cute, and it showed Taeyong that he listened and that he cared.

Taeyong slipped out of the bathroom, the faint hum of Jaehyun's singing and the sizzling of a frying pan sounding from a distance. He made his way over to Jaehyun's closet (his clothes were bigger and snugglier) and picked out a very large shirt that fell just above his knees. He wore it then, but not before putting something a bit special underneath it first.

And with his body back on autopilot, Taeyong skipped his way downstairs. It had been just a little bit over a year since they'd gotten back together, but they fell into routine much quicker and maybe a little worryingly seamlessly. Maybe Taeyong should've been on edge at how well they seem to compliment each other, how well they'd gotten so used to each other so fast, but he couldn't really find it in him to care.

Taeyong grinned at the sight of Jaehyun cooking before placing a chaste kiss on his cheek with a hum. Jaehyun grinned but said nothing as Taeyong enveloped him in his arms. He wore sweatpants and a shirt, but it wasn't doing much to hide his taut muscle underneath.

"Good morning." Taeyong nuzzled into his back with a contented sigh. Jaehyun moved to pick up some spices. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Good morning." Jaehyun's voice had that deep, gruff morning edge to it that, in all honesty, Taeyong found kinda sexy. Jaehyun left his reply to Taeyong's second statement unsaid - it was a more general than specific thank you anyway. Taeyong thanked him for taking care of him wholly.

Jaehyun's paced movements halted, and he softly took away Taeyong's arms, and the younger retreated back to his seat on the island. Jaehyun dished the pancakes and brought them over to the table with honey, lemon and sugar for Taeyong. He ate his plain like the masochist Taeyong insisted he must've been.

"This is so goo." Taeyong half moaned before blushing, and Jaehyun chuckled from where he sat across him. He focused on eating silently now, still painfully red faced from the way Jaehyun was staring at him instead of finishing his breakfast. He had half the mind to tell him to stop, but he secretly basked in the attention.