14: Carnival Confessions

Jaehyun had been a big help during his exam season. Be it bringing him a drink and a snack, which Taeyong claimed 'helped his concentration', or teaching him equations and explaining diagrams, making sure not to get too close of course, Jaehyun had helped him as much as he possibly could.

Now that exams were fortunately over, Taeyong had wanted nothing more but to lie down for the next month and do absolutely nothing. He wanted to forget every stupid piece of information he had crammed while watching movies with Jaehyun. But fate had other plans and fate went by the name of Johnny Suh.

"Taeyong, but you have to come!" Johnny whined, stomping up and down like a child. Taeyong tried to hide his face under his hand from the people in the school's cafeteria because of his friend's childish antics.

Johnny had suddenly gotten the brilliant idea of them celebrating the end of exam season with a trip to the carnival and of course Taeyong had to come with him. What were best friends for?

Taeyong scoffed as they waited in line, Johnny most definitely had an ulterior motive.

"Is this because of Ten?" Taeyong deadpanned.

"What- no! This is because we're friends, gosh... but Ten is invited." Johnny's voice had went noticeably higher and he scratched at the back of his head sheepishly. There was Taeyong's answer.

Johnny could see that Taeyong wasn't giving in anytime soon he huffed and continued to whine, ignoring the stares of others. Taeyong silently wished for better friends, or friend if he would admit how lonely he was.

"And... I mean, if you think about it, it'd be a day off for you and Jaehyun.."

Taeyong shot him a warning look and looked behind them to see a blank-faced Jaehyun watching it all play out. "Shut up, will you!"

Johnny figured that Jaehyun was doing the trick and continued, "I'll leave with Ten and you guys can have some alone time.. almost like a date," Johnny whispered to him this time. Fierce, hot pink coated Taeyong's cheeks at the idea. That had convinced him.

But that was three days ago. Now here he was, unsure and looking idiotically at his closet, trying to piece together the right outfit. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was dressing to impress a certain someone.

"Who goes to the carnival on a Monday anyways," he grumbled. Looking for clothes was a much more difficult task than he thought. Everything he had looked plain, dull and unimpressive. Taeyong had wondered if this was how he really dressed in front of Jaehyun the whole time, if so it was embarrassing. He couldn't call Johnny because he was always fussy with clothes.

Sticking out his tongue a little, he decided to just pick out his go to. A blue, oversized hoodie and washed out denim jeans. What would Jaehyun know anyway?

When he stepped out of the room, there stood Jaehyun, similarly dressed in a hoodie and ripped jeans but he also wore a denim jacket over it. His whole outfit was black, opposed to Taeyong's blue, with the exception of his hoodie which was technically dark grey, but Taeyong thought it suited his 'rough around the edges persona'. It also made him seem younger and even more handsome if that was possible.

"You look nice," Jaehyun said simply but it was enough to elicit a blush from the smaller boy. Jaehyun was holding back a his words a bit, he didn't just look nice, in all honesty Taeyong looked plain adorable. The way his hoodie hung on him and engulfed his small hands made him look innocent. Jaehyun liked innocent.

"L-Let's just leave," Taeyong said quickly before Jaehyun would have the chance to turn him it a worse stuttering, flushed mess. Jaehyun nodded and they migrated to the kitchen where they spotted Yeri. Taeyong felt bad for being mean to her ealier, he realised it was jealousy as much as he didn't want to admit it, but that didn't mean he wouldn't do it again.