4

Keegan POV

Here I am, bored out of my mind in this Español class. I just don't wanna be here period.

As I slowly drifted off to sleep and tuning out every sound around me I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out but made sure to carefully take it out of my pocket with my hands under my desk.

Aaron: yoh, I'm bored af. Wanna cut this shit short?

Me: yah but where we gonna go?

Aaron: my place. My parents gave me the key bcoz they gonna be working late

Me: I'm in. We gonna leave school when the bell rings and when the halls are crowded we gonna go at the back and jump the fence

Aaron: sounds like a plan

With that last text, I shoved my phone back in my pocket. I turned in Aaron's direction and I gave him a thumbs up.

As much as I don't like school in general, I did learn useful things like teamwork on tests, sleeping without getting caught and texting without looking.

The bell finally rang and Aaron and I immediately got out of our seats. I made a quick stop to my locker so that I can get my duffle bag with all my clothes since I'm sleeping over at Aaron's place.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand," Aaron said.

We maneuvered our way through the crowd. We snuck into the gym which led us to the backdoor. From there, getting out of school grounds was easy.

"Aye, let's take off these school jerseys since they are the only things with our school's emblem. We don't want no one to spot us," Aaron said as we hid behind this tree.

We took off our jerseys and placed them in our bags. We untucked our shirts and removed that stupid ass tie we wear so that we'll at least try to blend in. We topped it all off by wearing our caps.

"Let's go," I said.

We took the bus since we didn't feel like walking. We got to the stop and walked up to his place.

"Let's go up to my room," Aaron said as we entered his house. I trailed behind him as I followed him upstairs. I placed my bags on his bed and he went to his drawer. He came to me with this weird box.

"What's inside?" He opened the box and my eyes went wide.

"Damn! Where you got them vape pens from?!" I said in awe

"Shhh, lower your damn voice. You want the whole world to know bout them pens?" He whispered. "I know a guy who hooked me up," he said as he went to place the box on his bed.

"Them vape pens must have been expensive," I said.

"They were but I negotiated my way to buying them at a cheaper price," he said. "Imma sell em' at school for a higher price."