10

Keegan POV

Don't you just love it when you wake up on the right side of the bed? I may be going to school but I'm in such a great mood this morning and I don't know why.

I promise this my mood forever.

I grabbed my school bag and I made my way downstairs to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I settled with a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.

"Ain't no mountain high enough. Ain't no valley low enough-"

"Ain't no river wide enough. To keep me from getting to you," mom sang and completed the song as she entered the kitchen with a smile. "Looks like my prince is in a great mood this morning," she said coming over and giving me a peck on the cheek. "I'll have breakfast and we'll be off so that I can take you to school."

"Okay," I said and I went back to my cereal. After a minute I heard my phone pinging in my pocket, I took it out to discover a message from Aaron.

Aaron: we have a problem

Me: what is it?

Aaron: Austin just texted me that Justin is selling snacks too. Word on the street is that he saw how our business is booming so he has his own snack business

Me: wtf! Imma get his ass and make sure that he shuts his business down

Aaron: aight...see u at school

I locked my phone and shoved it back in my pocket. "Imma kill him," I murmured as I munched on my cereal in a pensive mood.

"Who you gonna kill so early in the morning?" Mom said.

I shook my head. "Its nothing I can't handle mom. Don't worry about it," I said.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

Oh my gosh! I love my mom but she's starting to annoy me now with all the questions.

"Mom, I'm fine okay? Now can you please stop with the questions," I said calmly.

Just when she was about to answer, my dad walked in.

"Good morning you two," he said warmly.

"Morning dad," I said and mom just continued eating her toast. "Mom, dad just greeted us."

She just finished her breakfast and went to wash her plate. "Be ready in ten minutes okay?" She said to me and she walked out of the kitchen.

O-kay. I'm sensing that mom and dad are fighting and now mom is giving dad the silent treatment.

"Are you and mom fighting?" I asked dad as I went to the sink to wash my bowl and spoon.

He scoffed. "Nah, she's just having mood swings that's all."

"Right. So she's just having mood swings which were directed at you? Yep, makes so much sense," I sarcastically said. "I'm not eight dad. You and mom are always lovey dovey and now she didn't even look your direction. You guys must be fighting."