Chapter 1

"Come on Geralt, we need to keep moving. It would seem that Yennifer was indeed heading this way." Geralt nodded before he frowned. It had been 30 years. 30 years since that day back in Kaer Morhen. The day Selene told them who she was. Since the day she told them that she was the keeper of time. She had turned herself into a stone statue in order to hide from the wild hunt. Giving them however no idea on how to awaken her when it was time.
     However he knew she would awaken once more. After all she said she would. She would come to defeat the hunt with the help of his young ward and Selene's adoptive daughter Ciri. However in order to even understand what happened, he read all the books on Vesina and it's History, he even started to learn the language so he could better understand Selene when she spoke in it.
      But the book didn't tell him much, and with Ciri having appeared in his dreams it meant she was possibly in trouble. Something they couldn't afford. So now he had to find Yennifer, because perhaps she could also help with the awakening of Selene. War was coming, no scratch that they were in nothing but a war. Nilfgaurd had started yet another war. This time it was unprovoked. Why they started it he wasn't sure, he didn't care either. It simply meant work. And while he wished he had Selene with him, he didn't. He had to do most of this alone.
     The thought of traveling without her unnerved him. Sure he had traveled without her before. But he was going to marry her. He wanted her beside him and she wasn't there. "I know she went this way, but the question is why, what was she running from, why was she avoiding the main roads?" "I don't know Geralt, but we can ask her the second we found her. Any idea where we're heading?"
     Geralt looked up before nodding. "Yeah, we're near White Orchid. Selene I came here 30 years ago on a hunt for Vesina's books." Vesemir nodded as they continued to travel. "You miss her?" "Every fucking day. I'm not use to her being in reach but so far at the same time. And don't even get me started on when I had to tell not Only Dandelion and his wife, but Hattori, Crach, Ermion and then the last person since you know it spread like Fire was telling Iorvath."
     He shuddered at that. Iorvath was fucking livid at the fact Selene had turned to stone. He couldn't understand, yes he had been told that she was the keeper of time and was in hiding from the wild hunt but it hurt him. Because he said he could have protected her, they would have protected her. Yet in the end he understood. He even ran into Carla, which shocked the fuck out of him. Carla hadn't aged a day since he last seen her and that was 100 years ago. And even though 30 more had passed since the day she woke from her stony prison it would seem as if time couldn't touch her.
     He theorized that it was because of what she meant to Selene. Which made sense now that he thought about it. Looking at Vesemir he continued to head towards White Orchard. Once they got in he immediately a familiar face. "Bram!" Said man looked up and smiled. "Master Geralt! Welcome back, where is Lady Selene?" Geralt tensed at the mention of her name and looked away and Vesemir frowned. He would have explained but it wasn't his place. "She'll swing by soon, she's busy doing some other stuff at the moment."
     Bram nodded as Vesemir spoke. "You are?" "Vesemir. Nice to meet you but right now we need help." Bram nodded. "I owe misses Selene and master Geralt a lot. So I'll help however I can." Vesemir nodded as he explained who they were looking for. "I haven't seen anyone likes that but if I see anyone I'll call for you both. You can also try the garrison." The two shared a look before waking off, this time towards the inn before they decided to the garrison. They both hoped with some form of faith that they would soon find Yennifer and hopefully avoid any and all trouble.