Chapter 9

Back in Kaer Morhen. Weeks later.

  Vesemir was outside tending to the garden. He was finally done weeding it, now all he had to do was plant the new seeds he had found and water the rest. It was simple work, but he really did wish Selene was there to help. After all it was her garden. "Hey Vesemir, fixing up Selene's garden?" Vesemir looked up and chuckled when he saw Eskel standing there.
     "Yeah, can never be to sure when she'll wake up." Eskel nodded. "If she wakes up. Let's face it, we have no idea how to wake her, or if she's capable of waking on her own." Vesemir frowned. He didn't want to think of that being a possibility. "I know what you mean, but I would rather keep some type of hope that she can wake up any second." Eskel nodded, he knew what Vesemir meant, but he wasn't as hopeful. Selene gave them no clue as how to wake her. And he was starting to lose hope that she would ever return.
     Down in the room that was hidden from the rest, a low groan of pain could be heard. A pair of eyes slowly scanned the room as the figure tried to find the strength to stand. Mumbling curse after curse it finally forced itself to stand and pull something out of its pocket. Slowly but steadily it began to walk towards the door, unlocking it without a second thought.
    Taking a deep breath the person began to make their way up the stairs holding onto the wall for support. How long has it been since they had walked? Where was everyone? Shaking it's head, long black hair moved side to side as it finally made it up the stairs and onto the main room. Ears perking slightly as it heard two voices speaking softly.
     "I know you want selene to wake up, but let's be real. Even if she does wake up, she's going to be weak. Who knows how long it'll even take for her to recover." "I know what you're saying Eskel, Trust me I do. I am aware she'll be weakened, but that's never stopped her before." Eskel laughed. "Yeah she is incredibly stubborn."
     The woman blinked as a slight scowl formed on her lips. She didn't like when people spoke about her. "Then again it's been 30 years. So who knows what's gonna happen when she finally wakes up. Maybe the hunt will have already been defeated." "I would hope that would be possible, but we need Selene for that fight. So we need to be prepared for anything."
     The person finally had enough of just simply listening to them. So it had been 30 years since she was last awake. 30 years since she last saw anyone. Gritting her teeth together she forced herself to start walking once again. It was time to show the world she was back. It was high time they saw her again. She had heard Vesemir. Even though she was a statue she could still hear, she knew everything.
     Gritting her teeth she clenched her fists. The fact that Geralt had to track down Yennifer angered her, the history those two had, well let's just say it was bound to lead into an argument. And if it was true and Ciri was back, then she needed to help Geralt track her down. Walking once more, this time with more strength and purpose in her strides did she open the door and step into the main part of the castle.
     Tilting her head she listened once more for the low whispering of Vesemir and Eskel. Upon hearing it did she start walking once more. Determined to get her strength back, and to show them she was indeed back. There would be no more hiding. The hunt was now active, and looking for Ciri if her hunch was right. Geralt was out and traveling around who knows where and she had to find him as well.
     The voices finally fell silent and she soon turned and stood not even five feet away. "Hello Vesemir, Eskel, good to see you both." The two Witcher's stiffened before turning with wide eyes as they stared at who stood before them. "Now, I wanna know where the Fuck is Geralt hm?"