Chapter 11

Two sets of golden eyes stared at the woman before them. They were easily in a state of shock. Yet the silver eyed woman only raised an eyebrow as she waited for an answer. Vesemir was the first one to snap to his senses. "Selene....you're awake.." Selene nodded before speaking. "I am." "How?" Came Eskel's question. "While I was stone, I was still able to hear. I could hear Vesemir talking to me. I could feel the need to waken once more."
    The two blinked before nodding. "Makes sense. Here come sit Selene, I'll go get you food and a drink." Selene finally moved and sat down across from Vesemir as Eskel stood and left to go get Selene some much needed food and drink. Turning her full attention to Vesemir she could see the man was instantly relieved to see her once more. "It's been 30 years Selene." "Indeed. But where is Geralt. I need to catch up." Vesemir sighed. "You need time to adjust to being awake again."
      This time her eyes narrowed as she glared at him, her lips pulling into a frown. "I do not have time to sit around and wait." Vesemir sighed as he tried to think of a way to change her mind about leaving so soon. That's when Eskel came back and placed both food and drink in front of Selene who mumbled a quick thanks before she literally devoured what was in front of her. "Someone was hungry."
     She only made a motion of moving her left shoulder, her frown returning as she kept a steady glare on Vesemir. Said man sighed. "I suppose that there really is no stopping you?" "You would be correct, even if you don't tell me, I'll still leave and take my chances on the road." Eskel looked at the both of them before sighing. "Vesemir, just tell her. And before she leaves I'll spar with her."
     Selene looked at Eskel and once more shrugged. She didn't care to spar, but If she could kick Eskel's ass in a fight she knew she would stand a chance on the road. Vesemir thought this over before he nodded. "Very well, last I saw Geralt we were together in White Orchard, he went to Vezima with Yennifer." Selene arched a single eyebrow. "Apparently the emperor wanted to speak with both you and Geralt. I don't know what Geralt told them, but your best bet is to head to White Orchard or head Straight to Vezima which is at least 4 hours from there."
     Selene mulled this over before nodding. "I'll ride through White Orchard or stop there depending on how late it is. But." The two males shared a look as they knew what was coming next. "Let's go spar Eskel." Eskel gulped, he saw the crazed smile on her lips and knew he was quite possibly about to get his ass handed to him. "Well, might as well get it over with huh?" And with that the three of them stood up and went straight outside.
    Selene had finally gotten more of her strength back. So she no longer felt the need to push herself or lean on walls or people for support. So with a smile they finally made it to the training grounds. "Ready to get your ass kicked?" Eskel grinned. "No you'll get your ass kicked." The two laughed before taking their stance. "Alright, begin!"
     And with that Eskel moved, his mistake going head first into an attack. Selene cackled as she dodged the oncoming attack and drew her sword partying it almost immediately. Eskel grunted as he was shoved back. "Well maybe you're not as rusty as I thought." "Told you I wasn't." And with that she finally moved, dodging the swing of his sword before feigning right and pivoting back towards the left as he went to block, her foot colliding with his side as she kicked him sideways. Eskel grunted again before he managed to get a blow into her shoulder.
    Both men watched as she stumbled backwards only to grin. "Now that wasn't nice." And with that she kept moving, steel clashed against steel until Selene finally gained the upper hand and knocked him backward onto his ass and pointed her sword at his throat. "Give?" He chuckled. "I give." And with that she helped him up. "So, rest for the night and leave Come morning?" Selene nodded. "Yes, Come morning I leave for Vezima."