Chapter 15

Selene and Iorvath had finally made their way to the crossroads inn, roughly three weeks later. Selene was just about at full strength once again and Iorvath finally decided that now it was time to grace her with the mark. "Selene, before we continue there is something I wish to do." Selene looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. "We're right by the gates though." "I know, but this needs to be done."
    Selene blinked but nodded. If Iorvath was insisting on this then that meant it was damn well important. "Alright. Shall I wait for you?" "No, you need to actually come with me." Now she was confused, what could he need her for? However she simply dismounted from Raven and followed him down the path. "Kneel down Sor'ca." Selene blinked but did what he asked and he pulled out a red paste and a few other tools. "Alright, this will be weird but the shirt needs to be removed."
      Now she was beyond confused. "Uhh." "No one will see you, trust me on that." Selene sighed and removed her heavier shirt revealing her under shirt. Iorvath nodded and moved her hair so it was all the way up and off her back. "There we go." "Can you explain this please?" "I am going to give you the mark of the Scoia'tael. From this day forth you are kin." Her silver eyes widened and she stared at him in shock. "You sure about this?" "More sure then anything. Now hold still this might hurt." And with that he got to work on tattooing the black crescent moon onto her upper shoulder, watching the way she held completely still.
     Once that was done he sealed it in with magic and the red paste. "Welcome to the family officially Sor'ca." Selene finally put her shirt back on and stood up before she hugged the man. "Thank you." He hugged her back tightly. "Never thank me." He pulled back to look at her. "You've proven yourself time and time again, from defending us, to mourning with us, fighting by our side and calling us kin. You went up against Gwynbliedd when he once stood against us. You fought an army by our side, you changed views all around you."
     She was shocked as she listened. "You aren't aware of it but you changed our view as well. You made us open our eyes myself included. You trusted us blindly, and asked for nothing In return when so many would. You attacked a friend of yours for trying to wound me. You found a sorceress to repair the damage done to my eye. You are simply the most selfless woman I have ever met." Selene was shocked, she had no idea the effect she had on people. She did what she thought was right and nothing more. "Now Sor'ca we've wasted enough time. Let us catch up to Gywnbliedd so that you two may be reunited once more."
     Selene nodded before the two finally headed towards the inn and soon went inside. It wasn't long until Selene got the answers she wanted and with that they headed towards Heatherton where she found out once again she had missed Geralt but now knew she should look for him at crows perch and she grinned. A dark grin at that. "Oh? And what is that look for Sor'ca" "oh nothing, I just can't wait to see the expression on the Baron's  fuckin face when I show up."
      Iorvath laughed. "You my dear sister are evil. Now come before we somehow lose this idiot again and you really get mad." Selene nodded and soon they were heading to crows perch. Once their the men quickly let her through. Mainly because her glare was dark enough and screamed a promise of pain for any who tried to stop her. It also helped that Iorvath had his hand on his word and made a few well aimed threats before they finally went into the barons home.
      Walking into the room that she knew the man would be in did the grin return. "Hello again Philip." The man froze before he looked up, and he literally almost pissed himself out of fear, because right behind her she was now dragging his top in command as if he weight nothing more then a feather. "Sorry he's a bit unconscious. He attacked my brother and called me a whore." Philip only paled as she dropped the overgrown man to the ground.
      "Oh who am I kidding I ain't sorry. However" she slammed her hands on his desk and he flinched away. "I am very tired and irritated so if you wish to be spared my wrath you will tell me, where the fuck is my husband!" He flinched this time and Iorvath had to bite his tongue to keep himself from laughing. Selene was a down right nightmare when she was tired.
     "H....he went to see the witch near Midscope! And the pellar! Please don't kill anyone." She laughed. "Oh I'm not gonna kill anyone. I was just gonna beat the answers out of you." He paled. "Maybe you can help." "Help with what? Do i look like an errand runner?" "No, no. You see I know stuff about Ciri, if you don't believe me ask Geralt. I'm looking for my wife and daughter. Geralt, he can fill you in." Selene looked at Iorvath who already had men poking around upstairs and would report directly to him once they found anything.
      "Right, we'll be leaving now. I'll find my husband and return." And with that they left. The next stop was tracking down this witch. And boy was that going to be a trip because once she learned what Keira had done, well, things were going to take an awful turn. Once outside the two walked over to one of the others and soon learned that the Baron had a history of being an alcoholic and abuse. "So that's the story hmm, I'll need to dig deeper then this. Especially since you said the Eternal fire made its way here and last I knew they were in Oxenfurt."
      "That's not all, they're now also in Novigrad." Selene scowled at this. "Right, Iorvath, let's go find with witch shall we?" "Oh but we shall my sister." And with that the two left. Easily finding their way to the witches house Selene went in with warning. "Oi! And who the hell are you?" Selene crossed her arms. "A very angry Witcher who is currently on a wild goose chase looking for her husband. Perhaps you've heard of him." "Oh? What's his name?" Selene smirked. "His name is Geralt of Rivia, I'm his wife Selene of Vesina." And the look of horror that crossed Keira's eyes would be one she would never forget. "What....did you do!"