Chapter 19

As the trio continued on their way to Oxenfurt it was easy to see that Iorvath had every plan on stopping for the day. "Why are we stopping Iorvath?" "One my sister needs her rest. Two I'm not done giving her the mark she needs." Now Geralt was confused. "The mark?" Selene looked over at Iorvath and raised an eyebrow. "I thought it was done?" "No, I only added the name sake part so far. So you know the drill." Selene shrugged and without even thinking removed her armor before removing her shirt leaving her in her bindings to which Geralt glared.
      "Any reason she needs to be half naked?" Iorvath was already setting up the stuff he needed before speaking his tone more sarcastic. "Oh yes Gwynbliedd, let me just tattoo my sister with her shirt on. Because that makes perfect sense." Selene rolled her eyes at this. "Geralt It's literally just him finishing the mark." "Yes but what does it mean?" "It means she's considered family to the Scoia'tael. That she's protected by us and if for any reason she ends up on her own, any unit will see the mark and she will be welcomed with open arms."
      Geralt just blinked before shrugging. "Right, so does just anyone get that?" "No, it's rare when we give this mark out. But Selene's more then proved she deserves it." He nodded once more and went back to setting up camp while Iorvath worked on Selene's tattoo. As Selene sat there she finally pulled out a book on the history of the Scoia'tael. While she read Iorvath worked. A part of him wished he could make her mark a bit more similar to his own, but alas he couldn't.
      The reason he couldn't was because it would be far to personal and many others would miss understand the meaning. So with a sigh he finished up and motioned at her. "Come on, you can put your shirt back on." Selene nodded and put her shirt and armor back on while Geralt watched. A part of him was envious, yet proud. Selene wore the mark of the Scoia'tael with pride. Selene however felt odd. She was the only outsider to have received the mark.
     "So, within another day we shall reach Oxenfurt and then what?" Selene looked at Iorvath and blinked. "Geralt finds Tamara. Then we track down where Anna could possibly be. After that we should head straight to Novigrad to look for Ciri." Geralt nodded. "Then we need to go to Skellige To find Yennifer." Selene tensed and Iorvath noticed. "Selene, we don't have to stick around. We can look for Ciri on our own."
      This time Geralt frowned. "Sorry Iorvath But I am not letting Sel back out of my sight." Selene shot Geralt a dirty look. "You will, unless you wish for a dead Sorceress." Geralt frowned before sighing. "Fine, however I wouldn't care if you yelled at her." "You are missing the picture here Gwynbliedd, Selene won't just yell. She'll out murder Yennifer. She went to attack you, something Selene doesn't care for."
      "There's no need for that. It was already handled by her mother." Now Selene was mad. "Am I suppose to care?! No! I will not take a step near Yennifer until it is absolutely necessary!" That shut both men up. Selene however was livid. "Iorvath." "Yes Sor'ca?" "Is Cedric nearby?" Before Iorvath could answer said man came out from the trees. "I am here Blathanna. I take it you wish to go for an evening stroll?" "I do." "Right, then come, we shall go on a walk through the forest."
      Selene nodded and walked off, taking only her swords. Cedric however waited a few minutes. "Vatt'ghern, unless you wish to lose Selene, you will stop being overbearing. I understand missing each other but she knows her temper. She knows what will happen should she see Yennifer right now. But no this, shall you hurt Selene like this again. Nothing will spare you from our wrath." And then he followed after Selene. The man couldn't understand why Selene was with Geralt in the first place.
      Sure he knew they were in love but at the same time he wondered if it was possible there could have been another. Someone more deserving of that woman's heart. Deciding however to keep these thoughts to himself he simply continued to follow behind the now highly aggravated Selene.