Chapter 14

Chapter 14

   Selene And Iorvath had finally dismounted their horses and walked up to the gate of the castle and the guards stiffened at the sight of them. "Who goes there?" Selene raised an eyebrow. "Selene of Vesina." The guarda eyes widened. "And who is your companion?" "A family member of mine. He is no concern of yours." They shared a look before deciding to trust her. "Welcome Lady Selene, The emperor is in his study waiting for your arrival."
     She raised an eyebrow. "How did he know I would come?" "My lady you were summoned to appear two months ago, but never came your husband claimed he would tell you when you both met up but I'm assuming you came here first." Selene wasn't fully aware of this but decided to play along. "Oh right, I was on a job a long one and it was just easier to come here first."
      They nodded. "Open the gate! It's lady Selene and her brother!" Iorvath looked at Selene amazed. Selene glanced over at him with a raised eyebrow once they were inside. "What is it?" "I think that is the first time you've called me brother in front of anyone." Selene blinked as she realized it was true. "Ah, well it's true you are my bother. Weather we share blood or not, you have never once betrayed me and stayed by my side like any kin would." Iorvath was Amazed by her honesty and decided right then and there that once they were out of Vezima he would perform the ceremony to officially make her a part of the Scoia'tael, his, no their family.
      As the two walked it wasn't long until they reached the room where Emphyr was. "I shall stay out here." Selene looked at him. "No, you are my brother, whatever he has to say to me he can say in front of you as well." Iorvath smiled before placing a hand on her shoulder. "You have no idea what that means to me, but I will stay here as I don't need him recognizing me."
     Selene understood at this point. "I understand." And with that she walked in, she didn't even bother to knock. "Emphyr." The man tensed before looking up ready to yell at whoever disturbed him only stop as he saw Selene. "Selene, how I am surprised to see you." She raised an eyebrow. "Well you did summon me did you not?" He was silent for a moment. "Indeed, however I was informed you were nought but a stone statue." "Yeah well I woke up. On my own." He nodded, seemingly impressed by her strength.
      "Very impressive Selene. Am I right in assuming you have yet to see Geralt." Her eyes narrowed a bit. "That would be correct. I want to know what this summons was for. And while I'm sure you wish to know why I was stone I feel it is not yet time to reveal that." He was silent for a moment, yet another reason he respected this woman. She always gave her opinion, always gave an honest answer. "Very well. Tell me how is it you knew to come here?" "A few little birdies. Mainly Vesemir and a very reluctant Peter your commander from White Orchard."
      Emphyr was impressed she had narrowed it down on her own. "Mind you, you're gonna need a new one." "Oh?" He raised an eyebrow at this. "Why is that Selene?" "I cut his hand off after he stabbed me." Emphyr frowned. While he was displeased she sliced a man's hand off he respected it. She showed her strength. "I may not be overly thrilled to hear this, I understand. But tell me you didn't come alone now did you." She only stared at him.
     She knew he would have heard them, she knew he wasn't stupid. "I did." He nodded. "A member of the Scoia'tael am I right? The one they call Iorvath." She only nodded. "You realized I can arrest him." That made her eyes narrow and without hesitation placed her hand on her sword. "If you so much as touch him Emphyr I will attack in retaliation. He is my brother, weather it's by blood or not!"
      Emphyr only held up a hand. While inside her was terrified, he could see her resolve, she would kill to protect that man. "I will not touch him, he is pardoned from all crimes." Her eyes narrowed and she didn't move her hand from her sword. "What's the catch Emphyr." He smiled at this. "This is why I like you, right to business, I respect that. You don't hold back and say what's on your mind. Your conviction to protect is astounding. There is no catch. He truly is pardoned. Now as for why you're here."
       Her eyes were narrowed and Iorvath who had heard her outburst came in sword already drawn. "Sor'ca did he hurt you?" Emphyr watched the two in amazement, even though he managed to hide it. The siblings were obviously ready to kill for the other. "No, he didn't. In fact you've been pardoned." His eyes widened. "What's the catch." Emphyr coughed. "There is no catch. However Selene, you will help in finding my daughter Cirilla." Selene finally removed her hands from her blade. "So it's true, she has returned."
       "Yes, check the room that Yennifer was in, she had the locations written down. Do keep in mind I shall pay you once she has been returned." Iorvath wanted to cringe at that yet Selene stayed calm. She wouldn't return Ciri if that wasn't what she wanted. "Very well, I'm not doing this for the money, I'm doing this to protect her." Emphyr raised an eyebrow. "Regardless you shall be paid. Now go." Selene smirked and glanced at Iorvath. "Right, oh and Emphyr?" "Hm?" "Should I see any of your men coming after us and trying to harm my brother and the rest. I won't hesitate to end their lives." And with that she walked out leaving the man shuddering at the calm way she uttered her threat.
       The two finally made it to the room that Yennifer once occupied and walked inside. It wasn't hard to see that she had been there and that there was evidence of a fight. "Iorvath." "Yes Selene?" "Can you make it so magic can't be traced or detected?" "I can. Why?" "I want to see what happened here. It looks as if a fight had broken out." His eye widened slightly before he nodded. Uttering a spell it soon blocked and negated all tracking forms of magic so she would be safe.
     "In'kara Reval." Reveal the past. Within moments everything began to rewind to the moment Yennifer and Geralt started talking to her trying to slap him. "That fucking bitch is dead." Even Iorvath frowned. No one went and tried to attack family and especially not Gwynbleidd. That's when he saw Meya. "Look Sor'ca. Your mother stopped her." Selene watched the moment it happened and almost smirked.
     That's when she heard where Yennifer said to go. "And look brother, we even have a trail to follow." She once again allowed time to return to its normal flow and Iorvath finally removed his spell as well. "How right you are. Now let's go, our first destination is obviously the Crossroads Inn." And with that the two finally left Vezima.